Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on Fix ‘0x80042405 error’ issue when using Windows 10 PC Media Creation Tool. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: Fix ‘0x80042405 error’ issue when using Windows 10 PC Media Creation Tool
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is a very useful tool when the Windows operating system has problems and does not start successfully. It allows users to perform the latest Windows 10 installation, upgrade to a new version of Windows 10, or fix some startup issues.
However, some users have reported that they encountered error code 0x80042405 – 0xa001a while running the Media Generation Tool, which prevented them from creating a bootable USB drive using this tool. If you are having problems with the same problem do not be afraid. This article will show you the top 7 ways to fix Windows 10 Media Creativity Tool 0x80042405 – 0xa001a.
Download the Media Creation Tool directly to your USB
Users have reported that the simplest solution to the error is installing the Media Creation Tool directly to the USB computer you want to use as a bootable device. To install it easily, when downloading the application, you should select the USB that you will use to install Windows 10.
Normally, you will download this application somewhere on your local hard drive, such as C: drive, and then launch the application. By following this method, you will ensure that all important files will be rooted on the USB stick.
- Download the corresponding version of Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10
- Select the version you will be running the tool on. Select either 32-bit or 64-bit settings and record the file.
- When selecting the location of the file, navigate to the PC yan and select the USB stick. The driver letter for this will be the next letter on the back of your last local hard drive.
- After the download is complete, open File Explorer and go to this PC USB USB drive. From here, run the Media Creation Tool and follow the on-screen instructions.
Make your USB format like NTFS
It is possible that your USB stick is currently formatted as a FAT32 device. This may lead to a known Media Generation Tool bug, where error 0x80042405-0xA001A is displayed. The easiest way is to format your USB in NTFS format.
- Open Explorer Manager (Ctrl + E on your keyboard) then type this PC using the pane on the left.
- Right-click on your target USB device, and select Format from the text menu.
- The reading window will pop up up on the screen. Here, all you have to do is make sure the File System is set to NTFS.
- Click Start to format the USB drive. After the process is complete, try to install and run the Media Creation Tool again.
Use Disk Control to convert to MBR
Media Creation Tool requires that your USB driver be set as MBR (New Boot Record) instead of GPT (Partition Table GUID). You can change this by following the steps below.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard. This is going to end up the Run utility.
- Type “diskpart” without punctuation marks and press the Enter key on your printer.
- When prompted by User Account Control (UAC), click Yes to launch the application.
- First, type the following command and press the Enter key on your keyboard to activate: menu disk.
- You will see a list of disks connected to your computer. Type in the following command and run again: select disk #. Make sure you replace the # with the disk number used to create bootable media.
- Next, type the following command and press the Enter key on your keyboard to activate: clean
- After clearing the data on the USB stick, enter the following command and press the Enter key on your keyboard to activate: switch mbr
Turn off your antivirus for a while
Scan applications are known to cause issues on computers by interfering with your internet connection or preventing applications and services from working properly. Many users have reported that software such as F-Secure SENSE, McAfee, BitDefender, or other third-party solutions cause error 0x80042405-0xA001A in the Media Creation Tool.
- Right-click on an empty field in your taskbar and select Task Manager.
- If the Task Manager launches in compact mode, be sure to expand the details by clicking on “Status details” button.
- Switch to Start-up tab using the header menu at the top of the window.
- Find your antivirus application from the list and select it by clicking on it once.
- Click on Activate button now appears at the bottom-right of the window. This will remove the application from launch when you start your device.
- Restart your computer and try to use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool again.
Activate the USB Storage system
- Press the Windows + R keys using the on-screen keyboard to bring up up Utility Run, then type in “Controls” and click OK button. This will open the Control Panel.
- Make sure your viewing position is set to Category, and then click Hardware and Sound title.
- Click on Switch when the computer sleeps link from the Power Options section.
- Click on the Change power supply link link. A new window should pop up up on the screen.
- Scroll down and expand the USB settings section by clicking on the + icon. Next, expand the USB suspension option and select Disable from the text menu.
- Click Apply button, and then click OK to exit the window. Now, try to use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and see if error code 0x80042405-0xA001A is fixed.
Guide about Fix ‘0x80042405 error’ issue when using Windows 10 PC Media Creation Tool
In this guide, we told you about the Fix ‘0x80042405 error’ issue when using Windows 10 PC Media Creation Tool; please read all steps above so that you understand Fix ‘0x80042405 error’ issue when using Windows 10 PC Media Creation Tool in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Fix ‘0x80042405 error’ issue when using Windows 10 PC Media Creation Tool, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide Fix ‘0x80042405 error’ issue when using Windows 10 PC Media Creation Tool. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.