Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue
When scrolling and working, shortcuts are an amazing way to cut down on typing and scroll time. Because I do not have a physical mouse and rely on a mouse pad on me laptop like a big pain, I came to this soon conclusion while using shortcuts to initiate sleep. I use Google Chrome because I do most of my business online, and I use a lot of Chrome keyboard shortcuts to manage my tabs.
However, Chrome keyboard shortcuts have stopped working recently, and I’m wondering how I can fix the issue. You do not have to waste time browsing the Internet yourself, as I see it.
Some customers have experienced issues with shortcuts in Windows 10 since upgrading the system. In today’s UI and Desktop settings, app shortcuts become useless, and you can not access the required settings. If your Windows 10 Chrome shortcut does not work, you will have many cases because you will not be able to use this program readily, wasting valuable time.
Although Windows 10 has troubleshooting tools to help with these issues, these tools have proven to be ineffective on some computers, causing user frustration. The inability to use keyboard shortcuts can be a major issue, and this thing will address that. These problems are easy to fix, and we will show you how in this article.
Fix Chrome Create Shortcut Error
We strongly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Additionally, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and application failures, and optimizes your machine for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1: Install PC Repair & Enhancement Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2: Press Start Checking to find out what kind of cases are causing PC problems.
- Step 3: Click on Repair All to fix all the problems.
Sometimes you may find that the Create Shortcut option is gray out. This happens when you use the incognito window or guest window in Chrome. You need to use a regular Chrome window to solve the problem. To switch to normal incognito viewing mode, open the Chrome menu and click New Window.
- Load the website for which you want to create a shortcut and you should have access to Create shortcut without the option.
- To exit guest mode, click the guest profile icon and then click Exit guest mode. Reload the web browser in the normal Chrome window, and you can access the Create Shortcut option again.
- However, the “Create Shortcuts” option will always appear gray on new tabs or Chrome pages inside (such as the Settings page). Chrome intentionally restricts the creation of shortcuts on these pages.
When you create a shortcut to a web page, the shortcut opens the web page in a separate window without menus, tabs, or other browser components. You can also set the Chrome shortcut to open as the default webpage in a new browser tab because the Standalone window option is not available in all versions of Windows.
- Open the Chrome web browser and browse to the web page.
- Navigate to the Chrome menu located in the upper right corner of the browser and proxy via the three vertical icons.
- Select “Other Tools” and select either “Add to Desktop”, “Create Shortcut” or “Create Application Shortcut” (an option that appears depending on your operating system).
- Enter a name for the shortcut, or leave a default name, which is the name of the webpage.
- Select Create to add a shortcut to the desktop.
The above method is not the only way to create shortcuts that are open in Chrome. Here are some ways to create a shortcut to a web page:
- Display the URL in the address bar.
- Drag a shortcut to a folder on your computer.
- Right-click on your desktop, go to New, and select Shortcut.
- Enter the URL and select Next.
- Enter a name for the shortcut and select Done.
- Select a shortcut on the desktop.
- Drag the shortcut to the Windows Home.
Guide about Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue
In this guide, we told you about the Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue; please read all steps above so that you understand Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.