Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on Fix ‘Couldn’t Connect to the Update Service’ Issue on Windows 10. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: Fix ‘Couldn’t Connect to the Update Service’ Issue on Windows 10
Windows Update offers various updates to Windows 10 programs, going from including updates to quality updates, security patches. We assume that any case comes with the Windows Update process, your device will pass up significant updates. You will see ‘Unable to connect with update control’ assuming that Windows Update cannot interface with the server. Just follow these simple answers to fix the issue on your PC.
We can not connect to the update service
To fix Cannot connect to update service error, follow:
- Performing Windows Update Troubleshooting
- Perform troubleshooting Internet Connections
- Restart the Windows update service
- Change the DNS server
- Reset Windows update components
- To learn more about these steps in details, continue reading.
Running Windows Update Troubleshooting
- If you are using Windows 11, press Win + I to open Windows Settings and go to Settings> Troubleshooting> Other Assassins.
- However, if you are using Windows 10, open Windows Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshooting. Microsoft is on this page to fix various problems with your computer.
- You can run different Troubleshooting to fix different problems. Among them, you can find Windows Update Troubleshooting. Click on Perform Troubleshooting button. It will open a window, and you need to follow the on-screen instructions.
Performing Troubleshooting Internet Connections
- Make sure you have a valid internet connection. If you are unsure, try to open a webpage in any browser and see if the page is moving. Next, open the same Troubleshooting Page in Windows Settings and run Troubleshooting Internet Connections.
- It will try to fix all the problems related to your internet connection. If you think you do not have any internet connection text, but also Windows Update is displaying error, you can try changing the internet connection properly.
Restart the Windows Update Service
- Search for “Services” in the Taskbar search box. Open the Services Manager window and find the Windows Update Service. Double-click on it to open your Properties box. You will see the status as either Running or Stop.
- If it is stopped, you need to click on Start button.
- If running, you need to click on Stop and on Start button to restart the service.
- While you are here, make sure that the following functions are also enabled: Remote Process Call
- Background Understanding Transfer Service.
Change the DNS server
Change the DNS server and look. To do so, follow these steps:
- Type ncpa.cpl into the Search box and press Enter. Right-click on your Network icon and select Properties.
- Select the Network tab.
- Under this link uses the following items, click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4), then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab.
- If you find any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK button.
- For Google Public DNS, select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- If any IP addresses are listed for the desired DNS server or DNS server Alternate, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of Google DNS servers: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
- Restart the link selected above.
Reset Windows update components
- Occasionally, your computer may detect this error due to an internet connection. Windows update components are responsible for this error.
- Therefore, you may need to configure the Windows update components to remove this problem.
- If no help, maybe you need to reset the Windows Update component and see if that works for you.
Guide about Fix ‘Couldn’t Connect to the Update Service’ Issue on Windows 10
In this guide, we told you about the Fix ‘Couldn’t Connect to the Update Service’ Issue on Windows 10; please read all steps above so that you understand Fix ‘Couldn’t Connect to the Update Service’ Issue on Windows 10 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Fix ‘Couldn’t Connect to the Update Service’ Issue on Windows 10, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide Fix ‘Couldn’t Connect to the Update Service’ Issue on Windows 10. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.