Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on Fix ‘Macrium Reflect Clone Failed’ Issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: Fix ‘Macrium Reflect Clone Failed’ Issue
Macrium Reflect is a graphic and image application that allows you to transfer data or systems from one hard drive to another without installing Windows. However, there is evidence that the Macrium Reflect clone failed with an error message. In addition to error 9 in the above case, you may also have error reading 13 broken pipe, disk overview error, 0x8000ffff, write permission, read error 22, writing error 22, invalid argument, disk not found, check file system failed, error 8, error 0 and so on.
You may encounter a Macrium Reflect Clone error message while deleting your hard drive to an SSD or a new hard drive. If so what should you do? The first step is to find out the reasons why the Macrium Reflect clone failed. After you know the reasons, you can follow the solutions in this piece to fix the error properly.
How to Repeat ‘Macrium shows failed clone’
Users facing this issue report receiving multiple error messages such as ‘access denied’ or ‘unable to match share’. This error message is also followed by error numbers such as ‘error 9’, ‘error 0’ and so on. In rare cases, if the permissions are not set correctly, you may experience the message ‘read failed 13 permissions write 32’ or ‘write failed 22 invalid arguments’ along with the original error string.
The solutions listed below address all of these issues. Make sure you have an active internet connection and log in as an administrator.
Check Disk for Bad Sections
The bad part is a branch of the storage device which cannot be accessed by any software due to permanent damage. The bad side is always in the storage machine. To combat these, the machine flagged these parts so that it could fly them in normal operations. If you have any malicious components, you should run the ‘chkdsk’ utility to make sure they do not stop the cloning process.
- Click Windows + S, type “command” in the dialog box, right-click on the application and select “Run as administrator”.
- Once you are in the command prompt, execute the following command: chkdsk / r
- If you are ready to check after reboot, press ‘y’ and restart your computer. After the reboot, chkdsk will already be set up by a scanner will be done. Be patient and let the process go.
- After the utility has scanned and removed the bad parts from the normal access, try cloning the storage device again.
Know up This Disk
If your travel driver has a corrupted file system, Macrium will not be able to copy it into it. Damaged file systems are not uncommon either and are often caused by intellectual errors. We can use the ‘diskpart’ utility to clean up your system driver and see if this fixes the problem.
- Press Windows + R, type “command” in the dialog box, right-click on the application and select “Run as administrator”.
- Once the command is correct, execute these commands one at a time in order. diskpart, disk list, select disk [disk number of the destination drive] clean it all
- Restart your computer after fixing the file system, make sure both drivers are properly connected and try cloning again.
Try Enabling Antivirus
As mentioned earlier, antivirus software restricts access to any program in which they detect suspicious computer programs. If the process of cloning is blocked by the scanner, you may receive an error “Login denied” with an error code.
To combat this situation, you can disable your antivirus software completely and then try cloning again. If you have more than one antivirus software on your desktop, do the same for all of them. Once you are sure that no virus is monitoring your computer, try running the cloning process again.
Create an image instead of cloning
If you have cases of cloning our hard drive, you can try taking a picture instead. There are some differences between the two procedures. Disk cloning is the process of copying all the contents of one driver to another which includes all the information needed to boot the operating system from the drive. It creates a one-to-one copy of the hard drive and these hard drives can be replaced with each other as well after the master process.
Disk image is the process of making a backup copy of the contents of a hard drive. A disk image is a type of storage file that contains all the necessary data and information to boot into the operating system. However, disk image needs to be used in order for the hard drive to work. Here, we will process the process how to picture your drive instead of clone.
- Open Macrium and let it download all the connected drivers. Then select the driver you want to picture and click this disk image at the bottom.
- Now enter the browser button and select the location where you want to create the image. Click OK when the location is selected.
- Select next. Now you can choose a template for your backup. If you do not know what this is, click No.
- Click Finish and creating your image will begin. Wait for the process to complete.
Virtual Bad Side
If you get the same error message when creating an image, you can try to ignore the bad parts when creating an image. Often, by following solution 1, all the bad parts are removed from the smart storage. But if there are some problems that are causing the problem, this may be the case.
- Open Macrium and click Advanced from the top of the screen.
- Now check the Virtual Parts section when creating images.
- Click OK to save the changes and exit. Now try creating image again.
Check the Drive Connection
Before you start using third-party drivers, you should check whether the physical connection between your two drivers is good. If you are connecting the SSD via a USB port, try plugging it into the motherboard and try cloning again.
Change the SATA connection for the hard drive and if possible, try changing the USB cable. Cables can be damaged easily and as a result, the process of cloning can be interrupted. Once you are sure that both the venue and the end-of-road drivers are well connected, move on with the creative process.
Try Third Party Options
If all of the above methods do not work for you, you may want to consider using another alternative software. According to our research, there are many cases where Macrium throws an error while another software like AOMEI does the job perfectly. For user information, we recommend the AOMEI software. You can download the software module from your official website and try freezing your computer from it.
Guide about Fix ‘Macrium Reflect Clone Failed’ Issue
In this guide, we told you about the Fix ‘Macrium Reflect Clone Failed’ Issue; please read all steps above so that you understand Fix ‘Macrium Reflect Clone Failed’ Issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Fix ‘Macrium Reflect Clone Failed’ Issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide Fix ‘Macrium Reflect Clone Failed’ Issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.