Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on Fix ‘MS Outlook search not working in Windows 11’ Issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: Fix ‘MS Outlook search not working in Windows 11’ Issue
Microsoft Outlook search function is a powerful tool. When it fails, it is simply easy to repair. Just follow our eight steps to reset Outlook. In no time, you will be contacted by your emails again. Did Outlook Search not work for you? Don’t worry. These troubleshooting tips can help you resolve the issue.
How to Make amends
1. Run Windows Search Troubleshooting
Before getting into the Outlook-specific fixes, let’s use one of the many Windows troubleshooting tools. You will find Windows troubleshooting troubleshooting below Start> Settings> Updates & Security.
From here, select Troubleshooting, go to Additional troubleshooting, then find and select the Find and index option, then click Perform troubleshooting.
2. Does Outlook Search Not Work? Reset Outlook Index
To get started, jump directly into the Outlook search fix that always solves the issue directly from the gateway. There are two ways to do this. Both are fast and always work.
Method 1: Use Settings and Features
- To reset the Outlook index when Outlook search does not work:
- Click “Control” in the Windows search tool and select the best match to open Control Panel.
- Head to Settings> Settings & amp; Features.
- Scroll down and select Outlook 2019, Microsoft Office [your version], or Microsoft 365.
- Slaves, choose Change from the top of the list. You can now select Repair Methods or Online Repair, as shown in the image below.
- Select Repair Methods, then Repair, to edit Outlook index text without using your internet connection.
Let the process complete, then restart your system.
Method 2: Use the Outlook Index Repair Option
There is a second Outlook index fix option, you just need to know where to find it.
- Open Outlook, then select File> Options> Search. Slaves, choose Index options, followed by Advanced.
- Finally, select Repair, and click OK. This may take a few minutes. After the reset is complete, restart your system.
3. Check Outlook Index status
Next up, double check that Outlook is on the list of index locations.
- Open Outlook and go to File> Options> Search> Index Options. Select Edit from the Options menu. Make sure the sample is side by side Microsoft Outlook, then click OK.
- Now, restart your system.
4. Fix Outlook Search Using the registry
It is possible to reset Outlook search using Windows Registry.
- Type Windows key + R to open the Run dialog. Then, press regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor. Next, press Control + F to open the search menu, then copy and paste the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Windows Search Instructions
- Once found, select the right hand panel, then right-click and select New Dword (32-bit). Name the new Dword PreventIndexingOutlook and add value to it 0.
- Type OK, then restart your system.
5. Update Microsoft Office 2019
When was the last time you updated your Office version? Your Outlook search issues can be resolved by updating Office to the latest version.
- Open Outlook. Head to File> Office Account (just Report for other Office programs). Check out the product info for more Update options drop-down menu. Select Update Now if available then let the process complete.
6. Edit your Outlook personal folder file (.PST)
Another option is to reset your Outlook folder file (.PST) using the Inbox Recovery tool. Finding Outlook can be a problem if your personal Outlook folder file is corrupted.
First, you need to find a repair tool. Your location depends on your Outlook feature. He is looking scanpst.exe in one of the following places:
- 32-bit Office 2016 and New: C: Program Files Microsoft Office Office16
- 64-bit Office 2016 and newer: C: Program Files (x86) Microsoft Office Office16
- 64-bit Outlook 2016 and newer: C: Program Files Microsoft Office Office16
- Office 365 (together 2016): C: Program Files Microsoft Office root office16
- Office 32-bit 2013: C: Program Files Microsoft Office Office15
- Office 64-bit 2013: C: Program Files (x86) Microsoft Office Office15
- 64-bit Outlook 2013: C: Program Files Microsoft Office Office15
- Office 365 (combined 2013): C: Program Files Microsoft Office root office15
If not set up POP3 email account, but broke the email using IMAP, you may not see the file.
You also need to know the status of your PST file. Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and users of newer versions should find the personal folder file at:
C: Users YOURUSERNAME AppData Local Microsoft Outlook
If you can only see the OST file in the above location, it is a sign that you are using IMAP, instead of POP3, to check your email.
See everything? Great! Now right-click scanpst.exe and select Acting as an IT. Hit Browse, then copy and paste the location of the personal folder file into the address bar. Select the appropriate account, click Open, then Start. This process may take a few minutes but you should fix your Outlook search problems.
7. Check the Outlook Index Group Policy
This option is a more long shot; if something has changed in the importance of this system, you have other issues. But it is worth exploring all the Outlook fix-fix options. Unfortunately, this option is available for Windows 10 Pro users, viz Home users do not have access to the Windows 10 Community Policy Editor panel.
- Tail gpedit in the Start menu bar and select the best match.
- Now, browse to User Configuration> Admin Templates> Find. Check Non-default methods we had Avoid pointing out certain methods for changes about Microsoft Outlook.
If policy status is set to Not configured, you know this is not where your Outlook search problems came from.
8. Reset Outlook
As a last resort, you can unsubscribe and then reinstall Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, this takes time and is not a perfect solution. But some users report that this last resort has finally fixed their Outlook search issues.
Guide about Fix ‘MS Outlook search not working in Windows 11’ Issue
In this guide, we told you about the Fix ‘MS Outlook search not working in Windows 11’ Issue; please read all steps above so that you understand Fix ‘MS Outlook search not working in Windows 11’ Issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Fix ‘MS Outlook search not working in Windows 11’ Issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide Fix ‘MS Outlook search not working in Windows 11’ Issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.