Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on Fix ‘specified module could not be found errors’ Issue in Windows 10 PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: Fix ‘specified module could not be found errors’ Issue in Windows 10 PC
If you receive an error message during the launch of an application or software – There is a problem with this file launch. Specific procedure can not be found. It is usually visible for Office programs such as Outlook – but may also appear for other software such as ours. When you receive this error, it usually follows with a message that may say, “There is a problem to start basegui.ppl.” The application name depends on the type of application that caused the error. In this case, there is another similar error that may be: the previously mentioned module cannot be detected.
Here is more information you should know about the error. If a process or module is missing, a file in the program containing that process is missing and possibly a DLL file. This DLL file can be a program DLL program or a specific application.
Check your computer for malware
There have been many instances of people experiencing a “Specific Module Cannot Find” error due to Conduit or other malware infection. In some cases, malicious files may be deleted as appropriate, and the rest may cause a number of issues, including the specified module being unable to detect ”errors. For that, you should download the famous anti-malware software and scan the program completely.
There are many free security tools, as well as built-in Windows Defender. So select it regularly and then scan your system by selecting the “Full Browse” option:
- Click Security into Windows Search and select Windows Security
- Increase Views & Threat Protection
- Go for Checking options
- Select full scan then select Check now
Turn off your Backup Box Service
- Press Win + R on your keyboard
- Enter taskschd.msc and press Enter
- In the Task Scheduler click on the Task Scheduler once
- Right-click on the BackgroundContainer task and select Delete
Stop the process of .dll related
If the aforementioned “Module can’t find” error pinpoints which the .dll file is causing the problem you can find and stop your process by following the steps below. It should work as a “Cannot find a specified module” error correction for most users:
- Press Win + E to open Explorer Manager
- When in Folder Options, go to the View tab.
- Under Hidden files and folder options, locate and tick Show hidden files and folders.
- Then locate and open the Hide secure operating system files (Security) option.
- Click OK.
- Right-click on Start and select Settings
- Go to Update & Security and select Recovery
- Under the Advanced Start section click Restart now
- In the Select screen options, select Troubleshooting> Advanced Options> Startup Settings and Restart
- Once Windows restarts, press F5 or 5 to enter Safe Mode with Networking
- Log in to your PC as an administrator
- Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Delete (Ctrl + Shift Esc) keys together.
- Go to the Process tab.
- In the list of instructions, find the entries associated with the “Specific Module Cannot Find” error and click Finish Task.
Lo SFC feature via Command Prompt
Corrupt system files may be another reason for the issue to arise, and the System File Checker and us and repair them. So, log in to the Right Command to run the scan:
- Type in Command Prompt or cmd into the Windows search box
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
- When a new window opens, type in the following command and type Enter: sfc / scannow
- Wait until Windows finishes the scan and the traffic results
Delete your Windows registry files
WARNING: Destroying the Windows registry can lead to permanent system corruption, if the changes are not used properly. Therefore, please proceed with the following precautions and at your own risk. If you want to avoid possible OS corruption, you can download Reimage and fix all the wrong registry entries left by malware, so fix the error “Specific Module cannot be found” error.
Before proceeding, you should back up your Registry. Once completed, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + R keys and type regedit in the Run box.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Find and delete the following registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Running HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Running HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Microsoft Microsoft Windows Current Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run HKEY_LOCAL Microsoft Microsoft Windows Curceur
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Once
- Restart the computer
Guide about Fix ‘specified module could not be found errors’ Issue in Windows 10 PC
In this guide, we told you about the Fix ‘specified module could not be found errors’ Issue in Windows 10 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand Fix ‘specified module could not be found errors’ Issue in Windows 10 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Fix ‘specified module could not be found errors’ Issue in Windows 10 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide Fix ‘specified module could not be found errors’ Issue in Windows 10 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.