Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on Guide: Open RAR files on a Mac. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: Guide: Open RAR files on a Mac
So you just download a file and it arrives as a RAR document. You have never seen a format like this before, and you just can’t break it down to access the applications that are waiting for you inside. RAR file is similar to a ZIP file. Both are “storage” file formats designed to convert multiple individual files into one file. That way, all you have to do is provide a file for recording (or attach a file to an email) and the recipient only has to download one file instead of several separate files.
RAR stands for Roshal ARchive, named after the Russian software engineer who created the format. The RAR format was developed to address some errors in the ZIP format and has several advantages: small file sizes, the ability to split RAR into multiple parts, and troubleshooting.
How to open RAR on Mac with Unarchiver application
You can not click on the RAR file and open it immediately – you will need an application to convert the file in order to open the internal files. Luckily, there are many free apps that do this. Here it is how to open the RAR file with the Unarchiver application on a Mac computer.
- Go to the App Store and download the Unarchiver. It is a free download.
- The app will prompt you to open it after the download is complete. A screen will appear where you can select the type of files you want Unarchiver to open for you. The most common types have already been selected.
- Click on the extraction tab and select how you want the app to handle the folder you created when you opened an RAR file.
- Your RAR file should display the Unarchiver icon. If not, right-click on the file, select Open With, and select Unarchiver.
- Double-click on your .rar file.
- Unarchiver will open a file window where you can select the destination folder for your RAR extraction folder. You also have the option to create a new folder.
- Once you have selected your folder location, click Exit button at the bottom right of the window.
- Your RAR file is now a folder, and you should be able to access all the files compressed into the RAR.
Guide about Guide: Open RAR files on a Mac
In this guide, we told you about the Guide: Open RAR files on a Mac; please read all steps above so that you understand Guide: Open RAR files on a Mac in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Guide: Open RAR files on a Mac, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide Guide: Open RAR files on a Mac. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.