Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How To Add Alias to Gmail. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How To Add Alias to Gmail
Gmail is one of the most popular email services in the world. It’s free, easy to use, and easy to set up up. Google Suite provides users with a lot of neat functions and features to make life easier. It is the same with Gmail. You can link all your accounts in one place or even create an alias to better protect your privacy.
How to Add Temporary Anonymous to Gmail
When signing up with a new website or online service, save time somewhere in your regular Gmail address. For example, if your address is “email@example.com,” typing “firstname.lastname@example.org” creates an alias immediately. Spend time wherever you want, and insert as you wish. For example, “email@example.com” works fine.
Strange as such aliases look to the average viewer, Gmail treats them as an icon to its original address. Anything sent to “firstname.lastname@example.org” will be sent to “email@example.com.”
You can also create a temporary alias by using an additional symbol at the end of the address. For example, “firstname.lastname@example.org” is temporarily anonymously, although “john + doe @ gmail” is not (messages sent to that address will fail). You can enter any gobbledegook after the extra sign, such as “email@example.com,” and the mail sent to this also goes to your address.
Therefore, you may be wondering what the point of this is. One useful trick involving temporary aliases is to create commands that send emails to an email address, such as “firstname.lastname@example.org,” in a folder other than your inbox. This way, you can prevent your inbox from buckling under the weight of many promotional emails.
To create a filter for short-term alias:
- Navigate to Gmail in a web browser and select the search options icon on the search tool.
- Click the triangular search options icon on the right side of the search bar.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, enter the temporary alias address into the To field.
- Click Create Filter.
How to Add anonymously to Gmail
Another way of creating a Gmail alias is useful if you already have multiple email addresses and would like a time-saving way to check all your mail in one place. In this example, suppose you have two email addresses, “email@example.com” and “firstname.lastname@example.org.” Here it is how to include the latter as the eternal eternity alias, so the mail sent to “email@example.com” is also sent to “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- In Gmail, click Cogwheel Settings in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click View all settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import tab.
- Scroll down to Check Mail from the other accounts section, then click Add Email Account.
- Enter the email address you want to add as an alias (for example “email@example.com”).
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Enter the password for the address you want to add (this is the password you used to login to that address and your account), then click Add Account.
- This allows you to view the mail sent to the alias address. Continue with the following steps to enable sending mail from that alias using your original Gmail account.
- Make sure Yes, I want to be able to send an email as firstname.lastname@example.org has checked the checkbox (it usually is, but enter if not).
- Click Next.
- Make sure the treatment is as checked the alias check box (although it is always the case).
- Click Next Step.
- Click Install Certificate.
- Log in to the email account you want to send as a permanent alias.
- Open an email sent from the Gmail Team about the confirmation of the alias. Subject title will be something like “Gmail Confirmation – Send mail as email@example.com.”
- Click the confirmation link in the email to complete the alias installation process.
- Click Confirm.
Guide about How To Add Alias to Gmail
In this guide, we told you about the How To Add Alias to Gmail; please read all steps above so that you understand How To Add Alias to Gmail in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How To Add Alias to Gmail, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How To Add Alias to Gmail. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.