Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Allow Sleeping Tabs in Edge browser. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Allow Sleeping Tabs in Edge browser
Browsers are known to control system expedient. Open a dozen tabs on a laptop or PC with low RAM and could stare at an empty wall for minutes. It slows you down and can be fully irritating if it happens . Microsoft’s Edge fixed this matter with its Sleeping Tabs standard. Microsoft Edge web browser comes with an interesting set of quality and the company keeps adding new ones. In the newest version of the browser (version 88), the company is introducing a new function.
This function helps you develop system resources by putting inactive tabs to sleep, much like sleeping apps on your Android phone. So, fully naturally, this reduces the load on the processor and in doing so allows you to have a distraction-free routine. So if you are using Microsoft Edge, or planning to improve soon, here is how you can activate Sleeping Tabs. With less number of active tabs, the system consumes lower power and lesser battery liquid. The function should enable your computer to run faster when browsing the web.
Enable or Disable Sleeping Tabs Feature in Microsoft Edge using Experimental Flag
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Copy and paste the below link in the address bar and hit the enter key to navigate,
They’re under the “Enable Sleeping Tabs” section; you shall be able to a dropdown. Click on the dropdown and select the appropriate option,
- Enabled: To enable the Sleeping Tabs
- Disabled: To disable the Sleeping Tabs
- Once you have selected the option, you shall be able to see a “Restart” button at the end, click on it to see the changes.
Turn On or Off Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Microsoft Edge Settings
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the three-dot present on the right-hand top corner. Then click on the “Settings” option.
- Click on the “System” option in the left pane.
- On the right-hand pane under the “Save resources,” click on the slider aside of the “Save resources with sleeping tabs,” to enable the Sleeping Tabs feature.
- Tap on the dropdown aside of Put inactive tabs to sleep after the specified amount of time label. There you shall be able to see many timeout options, select one as per your convenience and that’s it.
- If needed, you can add a list of websites that you want to put on the block list just by tapping on the “Add” button below.
- On the right-hand pane under the “Save resources,” click on the slider aside of the “Save resources with sleeping tabs,” to disable the Sleeping Tabs feature.
- Now you can close the Settings tab.
Always Enable or Disable Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge using Policy
Microsoft provides you with another way to enable/disable the Sleeping tabs other than the conventional method. Here, we are talking about modifying your device’s registry; before proceeding further, please make sure to take a backup of your registry. Please follow the below-mentioned steps,
- Press the “Win + R” keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “regedit” and hit the enter key on your keyboard to open the Notepad text editor.
- Navigate to the below-mentioned path,
- Right-click on the Controlled Folder Access and New > DWORD with below values,
Enable Controlled Folder Access -> DWORD
- 0 = Disable
- 1 = Enable
- Click on the Ok button to save the changes. Now you can close the registry editor.
Guide about How to Allow Sleeping Tabs in Edge browser
In this guide, we told you about the How to Allow Sleeping Tabs in Edge browser; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Allow Sleeping Tabs in Edge browser in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Allow Sleeping Tabs in Edge browser, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Allow Sleeping Tabs in Edge browser. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.