Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Apply Two Factor Authentication for Steam. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Apply Two Factor Authentication for Steam
With Steam being a particularly well known gaming platform, there are a large number of people utilizing it consistently. Very much like for some other good online service, it’s feasible to add two factor verification to Steam for an extra layer of safety. Two-factor authentication works in a straightforward way – you don’t simply have to enter your secret word, you will likewise be sent a code on your phone that additionally must be utilized during the login process. Along these lines, if somebody somehow managed to snag your password key they actually wouldn’t have the option to sign into your account.
For energetic gamers, protection of their Steam accounts is fundamental. A huge load of games bought on the stage will add up to many dollars, and not being cautious with the account’s security may bring about a deficiency of hundreds. What’s more, a few games presently have in-game purchase items, and these things have a lot of significant worth even in reality.
So as an extra layer of safety, it is ideal to utilize Valve’s Steam Guard two-factor authentication for your Steam account. However, how might one do it? That is the thing that we will see here. We have incorporated this bit by bit guide on how one can enable two factor authentication for Steam. So with no further ado, how about we get into it.
To enable this feature on Steam, follow the steps below.
- Open your browser and sign in to your Steam account.
- Click Account Management at the top right, then click Account details.
- In the “Account Security” section, click “Manage SteamGuard Account Security” on the page.
- Instead, you can also open the Steam desktop app on your PC and then go to the Steam menu by clicking on its button in the top left corner of the window. Once there, click on “Manage Steam Guard Security.”
Option One – Receive Your Code via Email
- On the screen that comes up, you can pick if you want to receive email codes or they should be sent to the Steam app on your smartphone. Click “Get Steam Codes by email” to receive the codes via your email.
- The mail will look like this when it is sent to you. Now, copy the code that was sent to your email and paste it into the field that appears on your login screen. When that’s done, click “Submit” and you are good to go.
Option Two – Recieve Your Code via the Steam App on Your Phone
You can set the code to be sent to the Steam app on your smartphone. To get the Steam Guard mobile app on your iPhone or Android phone, download the version meant for your phone. Below are the links for the Android and iOS version of the Steam app.
- Android Version
- iOS version
After you have downloaded and installed the app on your smartphone, log in to the app with your standard Steam account and password. If you have already set up the authentication via email, you will need to go to your email inbox to get the access code before you completely login.
- When you have logged in, tap on the side menu button.
- On the menu that comes up, tap on “Steam Guard.” It appears right below your username.
- Next, tap on “Add Authenticator” and then enter your phone number.
- Tap on “Add Phone.”
- A message will be sent to your phone containing a code. Copy the code sent to you and paste it in the screen that appears next in the Steam Guard app.
- When you are done, tap on “Submit.”
- On the screen that comes up next, you will be given a recovery code. Now, this code is different from other codes that you will receive whenever you want to log in to Steam on your PC.
- This code can be used to unlock your Steam account just in case you lost your phone. The app will ask you to put the code somewhere secure that you can access it and I guess you should do just that. When you are finished, tap on “Done.”
- When next you log in to your Steam account on any smartphone or PC, you will need to go to the Steam app on your phone to get the code. You can get it by going to “Steam Guard” in the app’s side menu.
- You should note that the code isn’t valid for very long so if you do not enter it on time, you will need to enter a new code when the timer resets.
Guide about How to Apply Two Factor Authentication for Steam
In this guide, we told you about the How to Apply Two Factor Authentication for Steam; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Apply Two Factor Authentication for Steam in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Apply Two Factor Authentication for Steam, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Apply Two Factor Authentication for Steam. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.