Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How To Fix Network Printer Bug KB5006670. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How To Fix Network Printer Bug KB5006670
More printer difficulties have surfaced in Windows 10. Many users were eager to apply the KB5006670 update, which was released on October 12th and patched 74 vulnerabilities, one of which had previously been exploited.
However, it has been joined by a new problem. This flaw affects network printers, making it impossible for users to print wirelessly. ‘0x00000709’ or ‘Element not found’ error messages have frequently shown despite following the standard procedures. It’s worth noting that not all Windows 10 machines are affected, although the problem appears to be pervasive.
In recent months, Windows 10 has been beset by printer-related difficulties. They mostly concern the ‘PrintNightmare’ vulnerability, but there have also been issues with the printer spooler; both can be leveraged to get remote access to afflicted devices without the user’s permission.
Windows 11 isn’t exempt from this as well. The first printer issues in the new OS prohibit some users from correctly installing printers, and some Brother printers don’t work when connected through USB.
Here’s what you can do as we wait for Microsoft to address the current Windows 10 issue.
How to fix the Windows 10 KB5006670 network printer bug
Despite Microsoft being aware of the issue, we don’t know how soon a patch for the bug will be available on affected devices. In the meantime, here are four potential solutions if you rely on network printing:
Uninstall the update
This is the obvious one, although it will also remove those vulnerability fixes mentioned earlier:
- In the search bar next to the Start menu, type cmd
- Command Prompt will appear as the ‘Best Match’. From the options on the right side, choose ‘Run as Administrator’
- A pop-up will appear, asking if you want to allow changes to be made. Click ‘Yes’
- The Command Prompt window should now be on screen. Copy and paste ‘wusa /uninstall /kb:5006670’ exact how you see it here and hit enter
- Restart your device to apply the changes
The same method can also be used to uninstall any recent update, provided you know the build number.
Remove affected printers and reinstall them
This is another common solution when things go wrong, but reinstalling the printers with admin rights could help the printer work again:
- Head to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners
- Locate the faulty printer from the list, then click it and choose ‘Remove device’
- To reinstall, just click ‘Add a printer or scanner’ from the same screen, or follow the instructions related to your specific printer
It’s definitely worth trying this method, but it can mean workstations need to be reconfigured on a device-by-device basis. In business environments, this may prove extremely time-consuming.
Enable CopyFiles (HP printers only)
Microsoft disabled the CopyFiles feature by default in September 2021, but some HP printers still rely on it. However, there’s a way to manually enable it again:
- In the search bar next to the Start menu, type ‘reg’ and open the Registry Editor
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm you allow changes to be made to your device
- In the address bar at the top of the window that appears, navigate to ‘HK_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindows NTPrinters’
- Right-click anywhere on the white screen and choose New > Key
- Name this key ‘CopyFilesPolicy’
- Double-click the file named ‘Default’ here and set its ‘Value data’ to 1
- Click ‘OK’ to confirm, then restart your device to apply the changes
Guide about How To Fix Network Printer Bug KB5006670
In this guide, we told you about the How To Fix Network Printer Bug KB5006670; please read all steps above so that you understand How To Fix Network Printer Bug KB5006670 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How To Fix Network Printer Bug KB5006670, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How To Fix Network Printer Bug KB5006670. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.