Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How To Fix ‘The Hosted Network Couldn’t Be Started Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How To Fix ‘The Hosted Network Couldn’t Be Started Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC
There are amazing numbers that you can use your Windows 10 PC to do. You can even turn it into a public domain and share your internet connection with other computers and mobile devices. This is possible thanks to sharing feature made by Microsoft in Windows 7. Doing this feature, now known as the “hosted network,” in Windows 10 instantly transformed the PC into an Internet distribution port that could be used by multiple devices at the same time.
However, this feature does not provide protection against errors and omissions that may affect Windows from time to time. When users try to start a hosted network from a command prompt, they may instead receive the error message “Hosted network cannot start”. At the same time, PC cannot be used to share your network with other devices.
Repair the host network can not start error
Turn on WiFi
If you are on a laptop, you can have the special key on your keyboard to turn on and off WiFi and Bluetooth. Sometimes when pressing other keys, you may accidentally press the WiFi key and turn on or off the wireless adapter. So make sure you have Wireless Connection turned on and try to start the hosted network.
Also, check if Flight Mode is enabled. Try to play and try again if it works. Also, restart your PC once before attempting any other fixes as a temporary error can be resolved with a simple reboot.
Enable Microsoft Virtual Network Adapter Adapter
Hosted network cannot start error can also occur if Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter is disabled. To play, do the following.
- Go to Control Panel – Open Control Panel by pressing Windows Key + R and then type in Control Panel and hit enter. Alternatively, you can also open it from Start, click on the Control Panel and click the icon to open it.
- Click Network and Internet then click Network and Sharing Center From the left click on Change converter settings. Now click on Wireless Network Connection and select Disable.
- Now right-click on the Wireless Network Connection again and select Activate. Once it has worked successfully, open the Device Manager.
- To open Device Manager, press Windows Key + R and press devmgmt.msc and press enter. You can also open it from Start, search for Device Manager and open it.
- Scroll down and expand the Network Converters section. Right-click on the Microsoft Virtual Network Adapter hosted and activated.
- Turn off the device manager and open the command prompt. At the command prompt, type “netsh wlan start the hosting network” and press enter. The host network should start successfully.
Change Settings in the Power Management tab
Open Device Manager. To do this press Windows Key + R, then press devmgmt.msc and press enter. Or open Device Manager by searching Start> Search.
In the Device Manager window, expand the Network Converters section. To list devices, right-click on the wireless network adapter and select Properties.
Next, click on the Power Control tab and check the option that says “Allow computer to turn off this device to save power”. Click OK to save the settings and close “Device Manager”. Now reboot your PC and try to start the hosted network.
Guide about How To Fix ‘The Hosted Network Couldn’t Be Started Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC
In this guide, we told you about the How To Fix ‘The Hosted Network Couldn’t Be Started Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How To Fix ‘The Hosted Network Couldn’t Be Started Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How To Fix ‘The Hosted Network Couldn’t Be Started Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How To Fix ‘The Hosted Network Couldn’t Be Started Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.