Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How To Fix ‘Windows 10 Search Not Working’ Issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How To Fix ‘Windows 10 Search Not Working’ Issue
One of the most important functions of Windows 10 is the search function. Not only can you use it to locate local files and folders on your computer, but also Bing, OneDrive, and more. It is the basic component of Microsoft desktop operating system, but it has a bad display behavior up every now and then. So, if you have problems with Windows 10 Search (not working, incorrect results, indexing issues, etc.) and finding ways to fix them, you have come to the right place.
If you have found that the search did not work properly in Windows 10, then the good news is that there are several fixes that you can try to make the search work again in Windows 10.
How to Fix Windows 10 Finding Problems
You will use many of the same methods to fix problems with finding like other small errors. Here are some options to try and get the program back to work.
- Check your network connectivity. If you do not have an Internet connection, Windows 10 search will not work. Before you try anything serious, make sure your network is working properly.
- Restart your device. It’s a basic idea, but there is a reason it is the main call point for many Windows errors — reboot always works wonders. If you have not tried to restart your device, do so now, as a simple reboot of the system caches memory and disk cache glitches that affect system performance. It’s better to restart than shutdown even, as locks occasionally send Windows 10 PC into hibernation mode.
- Turn off Cortana and turn it on again. Since Cortana has partnered with the Windows 10 search function, turning it off and once again fixes Windows 10 file search problems.
- Performing Windows Troubleshooting. Microsoft troubleshooting Windows may not be able to fix every problem you encounter, but you can always post it in the right way to learn more or at least indicate what the actual problem might be. The same goes for problems with the Windows 10 search engine not working. Open Troubleshooting by opening the Start menu and going to Settings> Update and Security> Troubleshooting> Find and Index. Click the Troubleshooting button to go through samples.
- Make sure the search function is working. It is possible that the Windows Search function itself has been disabled for some reason. Press Win + R to open the Run window, then type “Services.msc” and press Enter. When the Services window appears, scroll down to the list of functions to search for Windows. If it is already running, right-click or tap and hold, then select Restart. Alternatively, if you are disabled or have Empty Mode, right-click or tap and hold, then select Start.
- Reset Windows 10 search engine options. Windows 10 may have forgotten where the files and folders are. To help remember, repeat your index options. Start by accessing Control Panel in Windows 10. Select Index Options from the main menu icons, then click Advanced. In the Advanced options, Click Edit.
Guide about How To Fix ‘Windows 10 Search Not Working’ Issue
In this guide, we told you about the How To Fix ‘Windows 10 Search Not Working’ Issue; please read all steps above so that you understand How To Fix ‘Windows 10 Search Not Working’ Issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How To Fix ‘Windows 10 Search Not Working’ Issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How To Fix ‘Windows 10 Search Not Working’ Issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.