Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to get Windows Photo Viewer back in Windows 11. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to get Windows Photo Viewer back in Windows 11
Windows 11 brings a scarcity of new features, some of which have not been well appreciated by the users. If you look at the previous update versions, it also had some unwanted changes such as the Photos app, which replaced the Windows Photo Viewer.
The Photos App isn’t bad at all, in fact it comes with a built-in Video Editor, which makes it quite useful. The main reason why people do not like the Photos app is due to its performance. It is rather sluggish to open, it takes an extra second or two to load, even when you are trying to view images which are just a few KB in size. The interface may appear slightly confusing, if you are coming over from Photo Viewer.
Well, if you are into simplicity of the legacy application, you are probably going to be disappointed to hear that Windows 11 does not include Photo Viewer by default. You can verify this by selecting any image and right-clicking on it. Select the “Open With” menu item and click on “Choose Another App”. Click the “More Apps” option and scroll down the list, it will not display Photo Viewer among the choices, because it is hidden by the operating system.
The good news is that you can easily get the program back in Windows 11. Here is How to restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11
Add Registry changes
To get back Windows Photo Viewer registry changes work like a wonder in Windows 11. We are giving here a downloadable .reg file that will modify and tweak all the necessary entries to bring the app once again.
- Download the zip archive that has .reg file
- Unpack the file to a folder and right-click on restore_Windows_Photo_Viewer_Windows_ 11.reg.
- Select Open with > Registry Editor.
- On User account control prompt, give consent by clicking on – Yes.
- A registry Editor warning pop-up will ask, “Are you sure you want to continue?”; select – “Yes”.
- After you get a confirmation that the .reg has been successfully added to registry settings successfully restart your computer.
Set Windows Photo viewer as default in Windows 11
Using File Explorer
- Right-click on an image file (having extensions .jpg, .png, .jpeg, .BMP or .TIFF).
- Select – Open with > Choose another app.
- You will see a list of image handlers on a pop up asking – How do you want to open this file?. Scroll down a bit down and click on More apps.
- Click – Windows Photo viewer.
- Check the box – Always use this app to open JPG file (or which one you are using).
Through Settings app
- Press – Winkey+I.
- Select – Apps from the Settings.
- Click Default apps from the right pane.
- Go to the right. Because Windows 11 doesn’t have the default file associations for the Photo Viewer app so you don’t see Windows Photo viewer for Photo Viewer.
- So, click – Choose defaults by file type.
- On the next Settings page, type jpg in the search bar.
- In the result, click on + sign and choose “Windows Photo Viewer”.
- On the appearing list of image handlers, scroll down a bit and click on More apps.
- Select Windows Photo viewer and click OK.
Guide about How to get Windows Photo Viewer back in Windows 11
In this guide, we told you about the How to get Windows Photo Viewer back in Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand How to get Windows Photo Viewer back in Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to get Windows Photo Viewer back in Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to get Windows Photo Viewer back in Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.