Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How To Quickly Lock any MacBook. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How To Quickly Lock any MacBook
Security is an absolute necessity when using technology these days. Much personal information is accessible through our Macs, iPhones, and iPads. That is why it is important to keep them, even if they are left unattended for only a minute or two. The easiest way to do this is to lock your screen when you hold it phone that, talk to your co-worker about a special meeting, or ask a reliable reporter at the table next to you at a coffee shop to watch your Mac while watching. bathroom for a minute.
Here are the quickest ways to secure your Mac without much effort.
How to shut down any MacBook
Use the Apple menu
- Go to the Apple menu and select Sleep. This will show the login screen for your account will not open with a password (unless you log in to Apple Watch when done, then it will lock and unlock immediately)
- If you are using a Mac running the latest version of macOS, go to the Apple menu and select Lock Screen or press Command + Control + Q. This will lock your Mac and return to the Login screen.
- For older versions of the operating system, press Control + Shift + Power button (or Manage + Scroll + Write out if your Mac has an optical driver). The screen will lock.
- You can also use the keyboard shortcut to zoom your Mac. Click Command + Option + Power (or Exit). This works in a similar way to the previous one, but instead of just locking your Mac, you power up the hard drive, put the CPU into a low power mode, and stop the tasks behind to save power.
Set up a hot corner
The hot angles allow you to drag the mouse to one of the four corners of the screen to start an action – you can use one as a shortcut on your Mac. To set up:
- Launch System Preference.
- Select Desktop & Screen Saver Pane.
- Click the Hot Corner button at the bottom right of the window.
- In the drop-down window, select an angle.
- Click on the menu and select either Start Screen Saver or Add Display to Sleep.
Use faster user switch
- Fast user switch allows you to quickly access another user account on your Mac. But you can also use it to return to the login window, which locks your Mac. Go to Settings Favorites> Users & Groups and enter the padlock, then enter your password. Next, click on Access Options and check the box next to ‘Show user switch menu as soon as.’ You can also choose whether to display a menu such as your full name, account name, or an icon.
- To lock your Mac, click the fast user conversion menu on the right side of the menu bar and select Log In…
Add the Access Keychain to the menu bar
- Go to Finder.
- Select Applications> Applications.
- Launch Keychain Access.
- Click in the Keychain Login List and select Favorites.
- Check the box next to Show button mode in the menu bar.
- You will see a lock in the Finder menu tool. Click it and select Lock Screen to lock your Mac.
Guide about How To Quickly Lock any MacBook
In this guide, we told you about the How To Quickly Lock any MacBook; please read all steps above so that you understand How To Quickly Lock any MacBook in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How To Quickly Lock any MacBook, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How To Quickly Lock any MacBook. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.