Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How you can Skip the Line and Manually Install Windows 11. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How you can Skip the Line and Manually Install Windows 11
Introduced in June this year, Microsoft has today started the official rollout process of Windows 11, its next generation of Windows. Borrowing design elements from the now-shelved Windows 10X, the new OS offers a refreshed look with some functional changes.
Now live for the public, there are several updated system requirements to meet to be able to install the new operating system. While the official update notification might take a long time for every eligible PC to get, you can also choose to install Windows 11 manually on your devices.
1- To install Windows 11, you can follow these few simple steps:
- Head over to Settings > Update & Security, click on Windows Update.
- Select Check for updates to see if the new OS is available for your PC.
- Once the update appears, click on Download and install.
- When downloaded, Microsoft will notify you to pick the right time to finish the installation and reboot your device.
The new operating system is currently only being offered to eligible devices running Windows 10 version 2004 or later.
Who is this new OS available for right now
The above update process won’t work for everyone, as clarified earlier today. Microsoft said that Windows 11 is initially only available for select users. “We expect all eligible Windows 10 devices to be offered the upgrade to Windows 11 by mid-2022,” John Cable, Vice President, Program Management, Windows Servicing and Delivery, promised today. “We will use a measured and phased process in offering Windows 11 as we have done with Windows 10 feature updates,” Cable added.
If you want to skip these phases (not recommended), you can download ISO files and do a manual installation of the next generation of Windows.
2- Steps to download and install Windows 11 manually
The official rollout of Windows 11 may take a little time to finish. If you don’t want to wait, you can start the manual installation process without depending on Microsoft to send you a notification. You should note that considering this is a new OS, it’s not the recommended route to take.
But, if you are a Windows enthusiast and can’t wait to install Windows 11, you can manually install and upgrade your machine to the brand new Windows 11. Just to reiterate, we would still recommend our readers to wait at least few weeks (if not months) before they install the latest version on their daily drivers.
Here is how to install Windows 11:
- Using the Update Assistant tool (through a Windows machine)
- Media Creation Tool
With the Update Assistant, all you need to do is click on the Download Now button, accept terms, and then click on a few “Next” prompts to upgrade to install Windows 11. (At this point we only have the following two screenshots for the Update Assistant as the download process seems to be stuck. But the process is fairly straightforward).
3- How to install Windows 11 using the Media Creation Tool
To install Windows 11 using the Media Creation Tool, follow these steps:
- Go to Windows 11 download page (link).
- Click on Download Now button as shown in the screenshot above.
- Accept license terms.
- On What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC and then select Next.
- Or, you can choose to upgrade your current PC, in which case Windows 11 will start downloading, and that’ll be it. This will initiate the upgrade process and you can stop following the rest of this guide.
- For another PC, you will be asked to select Language and Edition. Choose details for the Windows 11 ISO you want to download. Once you have decided what you want to download, click on Next.
- Select the ISO file option and where you wish to save it. This screen will ask you to choose between a USB drive and an ISO file. You can choose whatever you prefer. Don’t worry you won’t actually need to burn the ISO file to a DVD later. That’s just Microsoft being Microsoft.
- Click on Next to begin the download process.
The downloading process may take a little while.
On a non-Windows device, the process is super easy
- Click on this link and scroll down to the last “Download” button.
- Click on Windows 11 under Download Windows 11 Disk Image.
- Under Select the product language, choose your language > Confirm.
- You will now get the link to download 64-bit Windows 11.
Guide about How you can Skip the Line and Manually Install Windows 11
In this guide, we told you about the How you can Skip the Line and Manually Install Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand How you can Skip the Line and Manually Install Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How you can Skip the Line and Manually Install Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How you can Skip the Line and Manually Install Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.