Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How To Use the Kodi with the help of Synology. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How To Use the Kodi with the help of Synology
That is good if you are using a NAS device as a storage device. However, using it as a media server is best. Synology is one of the most expensive NAS device brands. If you have this brand, you will need to download and install the media management software (MMS).
You may not recognize it by that name, but Kodi is one of the most popular and widely used MMS. Kodi is world famous as the most powerful MMS since it can play the most, if not all, file types. So, how do you connect your Synology NAS to Kodi for access to content? Continue reading to learn how to do you.
How to Connect Code and Synology NAS
How to Activate NFS on your Synology NAS
- Open the main NAS control panel
- Then click File Services located in the File Sharing tab
- Now, you need to Activate NFS by checking the box under the NFS Service tab
- Then, confirm the decision by clicking on Apply button in the lower right corner of your screen
How to Create NFS Rules in your Synology NAS
- Go to Synology NAS Control Panel
- Select the Shared Folder tab in the menu on the left side of your screen
- Then, select a folder containing the media files stored in it
- Click on Edit button
- Now, you need to click on the Permissions tab
- In this case, you need to check the Read / Write box for Monitoring
- Now find the information section. You need to enter these settings in the NFS Permissions tab
- Now you need to click OK
- Then click OK again to confirm the recent rule
How to Add a Video Source in Your Code
- Open Code on your first streaming installer
- Then, select Files from the main menu of Code
- Now, you should see the Add Videos tab in the menu on the left side of your screen
- Click on Browse button
- Select NFS from this list
- Your Synology NAS should be displayed up as the IP address and you need to select
- Select your Shared Folder
- Now, select the folder you want to add and click OK
- You need to make sure that the selected folder is in the right way and that it shows up properly
- Click OK button
- It will prompt you to name your new media source, which you did by typing in the text box and clicking OK again
- Now, select the type of files in the folder such as Music Videos or Movies and click OK
- Kodi will ask you to say all the items in the way you choose and you need to click yes
- When that process is complete you can finally find your new source in the Kodi database
- If you have an updated library on startup running on your device Kodi will update every time you launch.
Guide about How To Use the Kodi with the help of Synology
In this guide, we told you about the How To Use the Kodi with the help of Synology; please read all steps above so that you understand How To Use the Kodi with the help of Synology in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How To Use the Kodi with the help of Synology, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How To Use the Kodi with the help of Synology. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.