Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Access Files with Separate Programs on Mac. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Access Files with Separate Programs on Mac
Most of the time, most of the time you open the files by double-clicking them, perhaps by double clicking them, every time you run on your Mac. But did you know that there are many different ways to open files? You can use your mouse, music pad, or even your keyboard. You can open files in windows, menus and dialogs. Here are twelve ways you can open files on a Mac.
After the scenes, your Mac stores the data of what settings are configured to open what kind of files. For example, if you open an image file, the preview will likely start to play. double-clicking a page can open Pages or Word; and opening a PDF file can mean you have Adobe Reader right under your nose. But what if you want to change that behavior? Well if that is what you are looking for, there are three options:
How to change the default Mac application for specific file types
- Right-click on the file that uses the type of file you want to change the default for. For example, one with the .jpg extension (a photo).
- Click on Get Info pop-upup.
- Click Open With if the section is not expanded.
- Click the drop-down menu.
- Click the app you want to use.
- Click Change All…
- Click Continue when the Finder asks you if you are sure.
How to set your default web browser
- Launch Settings Favorites from the Dock, Finder, or by clicking the Apple icon in the Menu bar.
- Click General at the top left of the window.
- Click drop-down next to the Default web browser.
- Enter the web browser you want to use as default.
How to set your default email reader
Mail can be a default email application on your Mac, but in case you have other records, you can set a default reader. Here is how:
- Launch Mail from your dock or Finder.
- Click Mail in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Favorites.
- Click drop-down next to Default Mail Reader.
- Click the app you want to set as default.
Guide about How to Access Files with Separate Programs on Mac
In this guide, we told you about the How to Access Files with Separate Programs on Mac; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Access Files with Separate Programs on Mac in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Access Files with Separate Programs on Mac, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Access Files with Separate Programs on Mac. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.