Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Add a new Registry Editor to Windows 10 PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Add a new Registry Editor to Windows 10 PC
The Windows registry is a list of programs that Windows and applications can use. It is a process that stores programs and options for the Microsoft Windows operating system. It contains information and settings for all applications, operating system software, non-invasive software software, users, PC programs, etc. Registration has 5 root keys next. Root keys have internal keys inside. Sub-keys can also have their own sub-keys in and have one or more values in, known as the default value. The key with all the sub keys and its values is known as.
Export in the Registry Editor
The easiest way to create a .Reg file is by making the desired change in the registry editor and then using the export editor feature. However, this method only works if all the changes are in the same folder.
- Open the Registry Editor. You can get there by pressing Windows + R, type “regedit” into the taskbar and click OK.
- Navigate to the registration key or the amount you want to export and select. Note that the keys are “folders” in the registry while the values are individual settings within those folders. If you want to copy the whole key, highlight the key.
- Select Exit from the File menu.
- Rename the file and click Save. You must rename it with the extension .reg.
.Reg file editing
If you want to edit more than one key (and your children) or value with your .Reg file, you will need to edit with a text editor.
- Open the existing .Reg or create an empty document using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Make sure the top line reads “Windows 5.00 Registry Editor” if it does not already exist.
- Include the names of the registry keys (aka folders) in brackets on their lines. If the key does not already exist in this mode, the .Reg file will create it. For example, click “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsPersonalization]”To create or write that key.
- Enter values on their lines under the appropriate key name. For example, if we want to set NoLockScreen to value DWORD 1, we type “NoLockScreen” = dword: 00000001. You can enter as many buttons and values as you like. While DWORD values, start with “dword:” and most zeros, string values are enclosed in definite symbols.
- Set a value to “-” if you want to delete the value rather than set it.
- Place a “-” in front of a key name if you want to delete all your keys and all keys and values under it. Do not do this unless you are sure you have not deleted anything important.
- Save your file.
Guide about How to Add a new Registry Editor to Windows 10 PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to Add a new Registry Editor to Windows 10 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Add a new Registry Editor to Windows 10 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Add a new Registry Editor to Windows 10 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Add a new Registry Editor to Windows 10 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.