Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook
Google Chrome OS is the center of Chromebooks that uses Google account to handle all information and applications. This means anything you have logged in or installed on your Chrome browser using an account, assuming you have used a similar account in Chrome OS you will get all the enhancements and applications running in the browser. This means Chromebook Chrome OS is more responsive towards a cloud ecosystem.
However, what really annoys you, is that Google has designed Chrome OS so that you can not completely remove the owner of the device without resetting it. However, we can opt out of the main account and you can check some other Google account as the main one without configuring it. This will save owners or important account data submission and will not allow access to others until the owner account is accessed again.
Add a New User Account
- To create a user account, first, turn on your Chromebook to access the login screen. If you are already logged in, click on Wi-Fi, Power, and Time option in the lower right corner of the screen and select Log out.
- On the login screen, click Add Person in the lower left corner of the screen. This option is great if the user you are adding will always use your Chromebook or if they want to customize the Chromebook area for themselves.
- You also have another option beside Add Person that does not require your visitor to add to their Google account. This option is Browser as a Visitor, which is ideal for temporary users. It takes users directly to Chrome, where they can start browsing immediately.
- The next screen will give you two options: You and the Child. Select You if the visitor is an adult user who will need access to all features of your Chromebook. This option will allow your visitor to have an account similar to your primary user account.
- If you are renting your Chromebook to a child you want to give them access to the end features, select A omo. Eto naa up the process is similar to the one mentioned in the following steps. In addition, it will give you to set up up parent controls for this user account.
- After clicking You or the Child, Chrome OS will ask your visitor to enter the login details of their Google account. Once the guest user successfully enters their login details, the Terms of Service for Chromebook and Google Play will appear, which they need to accept.
- They can get a couple of other options, such as a review of what to sync from their Google account and settings up connection with them phone. They can ignore unnecessary steps where they are given a choice.
- Them final step is to set up Google Help. Visitors can choose to build software for voice recognition or skip this step. Now, the setup is complete, and they can click Possible to continue.
- The guest user is ready to use their Chromebook with their Google account which will sync Chrome and their Google Drive data. If they are new to Chromebooks, it also offers a journey to get to know them with the Chrome OS environment.
- You can access this user account later as well. It will appear next to your account on the login screen when you turn on your Chromebook. Additionally, you can create multiple user accounts using the same method.
Removing the Visitor User Account
If a new guest user account is no longer needed, you can unsubscribe from the system with the following steps:
- Go to the login screen, where you will see the logs available.
- Find the account you want to remove and click the down arrow next to it.
- You will get the option to Remove this user. Click on it and confirm to remove the account and everything associated with the files and local data.
How to Add another Google account on Chromebook
The steps mentioned above are for adding a guest user account to someone who wants to use your Chromebook. But there is a way to add a lot of Google accounts to your original owner account. This method is useful for separating work reports from personal ones. Or you may be looking to have multiple accounts for multiple trades or services. To add another Google account, follow these steps:
- Click Wi-Fi, Power, and Time options in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Gear A setting is located in the upper right corner of the menu. Click on it to enter the settings menu.
- Now, click on Accounts from the left sidebar. Select your Google account, which is the first option under the Accounts section.
- On the next page, you will get the option to add a Google account. Click on it and enter the login details of the Google account you want to add.
- Once logged in, you will be asked to accept the Terms of Service. Click I agree to complete the process.
Guide about How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook
In this guide, we told you about the How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.