Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Block Sites on iPhone and iPad. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Block Sites on iPhone and iPad
By blocking websites, you have more control over the content your kids can access on their iPhones. In fact, iOS has a feature which blocks adult content and can manually paste URLs for any web pages you want to delete. The ability to block illegal content on an iPhone is widely used with kids and is a useful new tool. Before giving an iPhone or iPad to your kids, there are a few things to keep in mind.
For example, your kids may misuse their iOS device and access inappropriate websites behind your back. Hence, you should block websites on the iPhone already. Fortunately, there are many ways to block websites on the iPhone. You can also use native features or any third-party tool.
Block Websites on iPhone and iPad
FamiSafe iOS Parental Control
FamiSafe is an advanced parental control and monitoring application that can help you track your child’s smartphone activity. You can also set restrictions on the device. If the target device is an Android, then even set restrictions and block any app remotely. Otherwise, you will have to log in already. If you are using FamiSafe on an iOS device, then you can monitor device usage without access to it once. Also, you do not need to jailbreak the device or go through any unwanted process. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- To get started, go to the App Store or Google Play to download and install FamiSafe on both parent and child cell phones.
- Register FamiSafe account within App. You can register on either of it phone or your child phone. The same script applies to both devices.
- Make some plans on both Kid and parent phones.
- Connect and monitor children’s phones from parents phones using Famisafe. FamiSafe is the most trusted parental control tool for location tracking, app blocking, web crawling, screen time control, and more. You can start controlling it now!
- Now, you can just visit the FamiSafe dashboard remotely from any computer or smartphone. From the control panel, you can access all of its features. For example, you can get a better view of the browsing history of the device. Additionally, you can block their access to any web site from here.
Implement restrictions on iPhone / iPad
If you do not want to use any third-party application to block certain websites on your iPhone or iPad, then you can use your native feature. To apply restrictions on the iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the iOS device and go to its Settings> General> Restrictions.
- Tap on “Enable Restrictions” and set up A four-digit PIN to protect restricted content.
- Under Restrictions, you can find different options. Tap on “Websites” to, block websites on iPhone or iPad.
- From here, you can restrict any content (e.g. Adults) to block certain (adult) websites from your iOS device automatically.
- Also, you can manually add the websites you want to block. Under the “Do Not Allow” section, you can add a website URL to block it.
If you are looking for a simple, free, and easy to use solution to block web browsers on iPhone, then you should try Refrain. This is a third-party iOS app that can easily block the URLs provided by the website phone. Although, it comes with a catch. Even after you block certain websites on iOS device using Refrain, your kids may just uninstall the app and exceed the restrictions. Though, if you are able to keep an eye on them, then you should use this app to block sites on iPhone for sure.
- Open the device and go to the Store app to download the Refrain. It is compatible with all devices running on iOS 10.0 and later versions.
- Once the app is installed, launch it. Tap on the “Variable Site List” option.
- Here, you can simply add the websites you want to block. To block sites on the iPhone, just save your changes.
- If you want to set the blocking schedule, then you can go to the option “Extras”. However, you will have to pay $ 0.99 to access the supplement features.
This third-party iOS app certainly lives up to his name. You can simply discuss with the websites you want to block with this user-friendly application. When you block certain websites on the app, the user will not be able to access them on Safari. Though, just like Refrain, your kids can remove the restrictions by removing the taps. However, you can block websites on the iPhone using Site Blocker in no time.
- First, visit the Application Store and download the Site Blocker on your device. Freely available, it is compatible with all iOS devices running on iOS 10.3 and later versions.
- Now, you just have to provide the URLs of the website you want to block and add them to the block list.
- You can go ahead with your plans to access your progress features. For example, you can set up schedule or a timer for website blocking.
Prevents websites from router / network settings
If nothing else seems to work, then you can also block certain websites from the network or router settings as well. Though, the restrictions will only work when the devices are connected to the Wifi network. They can also access blocked websites by using mobile data. In particular, the websites will be blocked on all devices connected to the network.
However, this is a free solution to block sites on iPhones. From Netgear to Cisco and D-Link to TP-Link, every router provides an endless way to block certain websites. You can just visit the router system using your credentials. Next, you can provide the website URLs (and keywords) you want to block.
Guide about How to Block Sites on iPhone and iPad
In this guide, we told you about the How to Block Sites on iPhone and iPad; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Block Sites on iPhone and iPad in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Block Sites on iPhone and iPad, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Block Sites on iPhone and iPad. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.