Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Block/Unblock Sites in Safari With Using Mac Screen Time. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Block/Unblock Sites in Safari With Using Mac Screen Time
The web site has the potential to be both edgy and ridiculous at the same time. At the same time, it enables us to carry out our ministry and to get a lot of information. Once again, it saves us from our goals and can make us feel like we are wasting our lives.
Normally, the topic of restricting access to the web has been discussed throughout recent decades. How can we become safer places for our children? What does blocking time-consuming sites like Facebook and YouTube mean for a hacking service area? Why do we have to connect with space barriers to prevent conflicts and obstacles?
Each of these is a series of important questions that we will explore below, as well as showing you the most complete ways of clearly visible spaces taking into account every day.
How to Block Websites On Mac Using Screen Clock
- The Mac Screen Time feature is soon feature and is available in MacOS Catalina or MacOS Big Sur. If your Mac is running an older version, you will not be able to use the Screen Clock option.
- By using Screen Time, restricting users from accessing the web, blocking websites can be useful if you do not want your Mac users to access websites such as social media, social network, adult content, and more. Here it is how to block Mac websites.
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner and then select Settings Preferences to enter Settings Preferences.
- Click on the Time screen.
- In the next window, click on Content & Privacy Options on the left. Meanwhile, if Content & Privacy Restrictions are off, turn it on by clicking on ‘On.
- Now, select the Adult Web Sites option and click Customize to block a bunch of adult websites based on Apple data.
- Under the Restrictions section at the bottom, click on the symbol (+).
- Enter the URL of the website to block or restrict view and click OK. However, you can add several websites to your selection. Once you are done, visit the website via the Safari browser app, you will not be able to access it.
- Click OK finally again.
Open Web Pages On Mac using Screen Time
- Click the Apple logo> System Preference> Screen Time.
- Click on Content & Privacy.
- Now, select the Adult Web Sites option and click Custom.
- Click the blocked field under the Restrictions section below, click the (-) symbol to open it.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Block Website Using Terminal
- Meanwhile, if you are using an older Mac version like macOS Mojave or earlier then it is better to block certain websites on your Mac using the Terminal application.
- Open the Terminal. You can search Terminal application using Spotlight.
- Type the command line below and press Enter:
- Enter the administrator password.
- Once you have successfully entered the password, the host file will open through Terminal.
- Create a new line by typing up or down arrow button and then enter the IP “127.0.0.1” + “Space” + “URL or web address.” Then enter another URL or web address following the same steps.
- Once you have listed the sites or URLs, you can save the host file by pressing Ctrl + O and then hit Back button. Finally, press Ctrl + X to exit the screen.
Guide about How to Block/Unblock Sites in Safari With Using Mac Screen Time
In this guide, we told you about the How to Block/Unblock Sites in Safari With Using Mac Screen Time; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Block/Unblock Sites in Safari With Using Mac Screen Time in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Block/Unblock Sites in Safari With Using Mac Screen Time, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Block/Unblock Sites in Safari With Using Mac Screen Time. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.