Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to change name of iPhone. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to change name of iPhone
When you get a new iPhone, it gives you the opportunity to name it something unique, such as the “iPhone 12 Awesome XYZ.” But there are several reasons why you might want to change your name phone during setup. Thankfully, renaming your iPhone is incredibly easy. In this article, we will explain the reasons why you might want to change the name of your iPhone, and how to do you.
While your iPhone name may sound private, it may appear in some cases. For example, if you connect your iPhone to a Bluetooth device such as a car stereo, your phone name may appear on the screen. Your phone Name can appear in AirDrop, iCloud backup, and even when connected to a computer.
Maybe you named your iPhone something inappropriate, and now you want to change it to something else. Maybe you want to spice things up up gradually. Regardless of your imagination, this is it how to change the name of your iPhone.
How to change the iPhone name
Changing the name of your iPhone is easy. It can be anything you want, although you may want to avoid receiving something that may be offensive or alarming because it will be seen in public. Here it is how to changed:
- Tap to open Settings
- Tap General.
- Click About.
- Tap Name.
- On the next screen, a keyboard overlay will appear. Tap Backspace button to remove the old name then tap the new name into the text field.
- Click Done on the Keyboard or About in the left corner to finish.
Where does my iPhone name appear?
- Changing your iPhone name is ideal for privacy or security reasons because it is detected by all networks and all devices.
- For example, if you are using an iPhone as a private site, anyone looking for a Wi-Fi connection will see the name “iPhone Simon” – or worse, “iPhone Simon Chandler” – on the list. It appears to hackers not only over Wi-Fi, but also via Bluetooth and AirDrop. Strangers and weirdos know his name and the machine in hand which, indeed, is a little creepy.
- If you do not want your iPhone to display anything even after the name change, here are a few things you can change as needed.
- Tap to open Settings.
- Tap Personal Hotspot.
- Tap to scroll side Allow others to Join to change this feature kuro.
AirDrop is an ad-hoc network created between Apple devices. The sender uses Bluetooth to locate the receiving device and the receiver creates a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network. Because Bluetooth is a component, other Apple devices will be able to see your iPhone name.
- Tap to open Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap on AirDrop.
- Click Contacts only or Download off on the next screen.
- Swipe down from top to open Control Center.
- Tap the blue Bluetooth icon to change this feature off (white dot).
- Apart from being discovered by other devices, your iPhone name can be found on your iCloud account, iTunes for Windows, Finder on MacOS, and so on.
- You can even view your iPhone name when using the Find My iPhone application to locate it phone if it is in the wrong place, lost, or stolen.
Guide about How to change name of iPhone
In this guide, we told you about the How to change name of iPhone; please read all steps above so that you understand How to change name of iPhone in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to change name of iPhone, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to change name of iPhone. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.