Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Compile and Run a Linux Software From Source. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Compile and Run a Linux Software From Source
While yum, take advantage, rpm helps a lot to install a package that is assembled now, you may experience a few situations where you need to install a software on the source code. This article explains the undeniable fact how to command and install software from source code.
How to Assemble and Install Linux software from Source code
- For most new Linux users this is very difficult, because most of them may have gone from Microsoft Windows OS, where they only browsed the web and downloaded running files. Today we will learn how to make this difficult task much easier.
- First, what is the source code? From Wikipedia Source Code:
- First download a tarball (zipped file containing the source code). It downloads directly from the website or from the command. If you do not know about how to use the terminal to record, you can use:
$ wget URL
- Or read the following tutorial Command-Recording Using aria2 on how to use aria2, command line recorder.
- Now let’s get out of the recorded tarball using the terminal. If your football ends with,
- * tar.gz lo:
$ tar -xvpf filename.tar.gz
- * tar.bz2 use:
$ tar -xvjf filename.tar.bz2
- After extraction, change your direction to the output folder.
$ cd file name
- Follow this step in the file name process to configure the package:
$ ./ atunto
- Now perform the command below to compile the source code associated with the software package:
- Finally, install the software:
$ do the installation
- You just compiled and installed a software from source code.
Guide about How to Compile and Run a Linux Software From Source
In this guide, we told you about the How to Compile and Run a Linux Software From Source; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Compile and Run a Linux Software From Source in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Compile and Run a Linux Software From Source, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Compile and Run a Linux Software From Source. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.