Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Configure/Use Remote Desktop on Windows 11. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Configure/Use Remote Desktop on Windows 11
Since the pandemic overran our humanity and our lives, international action has undergone a major transformation. Remote and hybrid workplaces are no longer a dream. Almost all work takes place from home, and if that is the case, it is necessary to log in to the office computer from home. To make working in such an environment easier, Windows offers a number of remote desktop applications, the best of which is the Remote Desktop remote control application built into the operating system. It is free, easy to use and very secure.
remote desktop is built-in windows feature. It shows up with Windows XP and is also included in the new Windows 11 operating system. Remote Desktop allows you to remotely access or control another program from any location using the Windows Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). By default, Remote Desktop Access is disabled on Windows 11. To use this feature, you must first activate the Remote Desktop Process (RDP).
Once RDP is enabled, users can easily connect their PCs to other PCs to solve the problem, access files, applications, network sources and more without physically searching. In this step-by-step process guide, you will learn how to enable and set up Remote Desktop feature and connect to other remote devices.
Activate Remote Desktop on Windows 11
Via the Settings application
- Press – Win + I.
- Click – Settings from the left on the Settings application.
- Go to the right, select Remote Desktop.
- Click on Rotate for Remote Desktop Activation.
- You will come across a pop up – You and the users selected under User Accounts will be able to connect to this PC remotely. Click – Confirm.
- When activated, 2 options appear up.
- Check Option – Require devices to use Network Level Authentication to connect (Recommended). You can see the Remote Desktop port number there. After enabling this option (NLA), you will have to confirm the incoming links to ensure there are no security concerns.
- Now click Search from the taskbar and click Control. Press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Click – Network and Distribution Center.
- On the next window, click – Change progress distribution settings from the left pane.
- Check the radio box for Turn on network search.
- Click – Save changes.
Activate Remote Desktop on Windows 11 via Control Panel
- Click – Winkey.
- Type – advanced system settings.
- Press – Press.
- On the Properties Settings window, click on the Remote tab.
- Check the box for – Get Remote Help Connections to this computer.
- Scroll down to the Remote Desktop section.
- Also, select – Download Remote Connections to this computer.
- And check – Allows connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended).
- Click Apply and OK to save system changes.
How to connect to Remote Desktop in Windows 11
Using Remote Desktop Connection Tool
- Click Search from the taskbar.
- Type – remote control.
- Press – Enter.
- When the Remote Desktop connection app appears, enter the computer name you want to add. Note that the computer name is included
- written under “How to connect to this PC on the “Remote Desktop Settings” page.
- Click – Connect.
- If you want to use a username then click on – Show Options.
- And check – Allow me to save certificates in case you want.
Via Remote Desktop Store app
- Download Microsoft Remote Desktop from this link.
- When the installation is complete, launch the app.
- Click + Add from the top menu tool.
- Choose PC or Workspaces whatever you need.
- If PCs are selected enter the Formal name or IP address of your PC.
- Click on – Save.
- Enter the Computer name to start the remote connection.
Allow remote connections in the firewall
- Press – Win + S.
- Type – Control.
- Press – Press.
- Select – Window Defender Firewall.
- Click – “Download app or feature via Window Defender Firewall ”from the left pane of the next window.
- Now, click on – Change settings.
- Contains Allowed apps and features, in the Name field, find Remote Desktop and Remote Help.
- Check boxes for Private and Public for both applications.
- Click on – OK.
Guide about How to Configure/Use Remote Desktop on Windows 11
In this guide, we told you about the How to Configure/Use Remote Desktop on Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Configure/Use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Configure/Use Remote Desktop on Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Configure/Use Remote Desktop on Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.