Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Convert Currencies in MS Excel. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Convert Currencies in MS Excel
Imagine a situation in which you are presented with an Excel book in which a lot of money is saved in one book. You may need to exchange money for all those values in the book and present them in a separate book. This can be especially important for financial institutions and those working in overseas businesses.
While there are many free and payment tools that can help convert currencies into direct columns, we will discuss in this article. how to convert currencies in Microsoft Excel using a basic formula. Excel is estimated to be used by 1.2 billion people in more than 140 countries worldwide. With such widespread use there is a need to collect and process data specifically to different countries and currencies. Since USD is the default currency for our model, we have users from all over who want to convert currency models to Australian Dollar, Pound Egypt, Euro and so on.
If you are working with different currencies in an Excel spreadsheet, you must change the currency symbol on specific cells without affecting other cells. However, when you format your numbers as “currency,” you can easily use multiple currency symbols in an Excel spreadsheet. In this article, we will learn about how to currency conversion is excellent. You can also follow us on YouTube for more surprises tips, tricks and model tutorials.
How to convert Microsoft Excel currencies?
Currency Converter Excel With Excel Service
We think you have a budget with the US dollar, and you need to convert data to Euro in Excel. You can use the formula as follows:
- Find the current exchange rate between the US dollar and the Euro, and enter it into an empty cell. In this case, 1 US dollar = 0.88462 euros. So type 0.88462 into Cell C2.
- in Cell D2, enter the formulas of = B2 * $ C $ 2, and draw the drawings on the range cells you want to have formulas. And all cells in D2: D10 are full of EUROS convertible. See screenshot:
Currency Converter Excel With Kutools For Excel
- It can be stressful to find current exchange rates every time you need to change currencies. Kutools for Excel Currency Converter Tool can provide all kinds of current exchange rates, and convert currencies quickly and easily.
- Kutools for Excel – Includes more than 300 hand tools for Excel. Full feature 30-day free trial, no credit card required! Get It Now
- Click Kutools> Content> Currency Converter.
- Indicate where you want to change. and configured In the Currency Exchange dialog as follows:
- Select the US dollar source currency from the left menu box;
- Select the EURO currency you want to convert from the checkbox right;
- Click Update Rate button to receive new exchange rates;
- Then click Add Options button.
- In the Add options dialog box, select the type of result you want to close the box, and you can also specify the decimal point of the output.
- After specifying the output type, if you select Only Cells, then click OK or Apply buttono will get the following results:
- If you select Only Cells, all conversion values will replace the original values.
- If you select Only the definition, all conversion values will be inserted as definitions into the original cells.
Guide about How to Convert Currencies in MS Excel
In this guide, we told you about the How to Convert Currencies in MS Excel; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Convert Currencies in MS Excel in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Convert Currencies in MS Excel, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Convert Currencies in MS Excel. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.