Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Count Cells With Text in Excel. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Count Cells With Text in Excel
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program developed by Microsoft for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS. It offers computing tools, graphics tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). Excel is part of the Microsoft Office software suite. Excel spreadsheets were originally designed to work with numbers. But nowadays we often use them for storing and editing text as well. Want to know the number of cells in your textbook? Microsoft Excel offers several functions for this. Which one should you use? Well it depends on the situation. This tutorial finding many formulas and often the best time to use each formula.
How to Read Cells With Word in Excel on a Windows PC
To read the content cells in your account on your Windows computer, do the following:
- Click the “empty egg” on your account to insert the formula.
- Type or paste the function “= COUNTIF (area, instructions)” without the quotes to count the number of cells in a text within a specific cell range.
- For “range,” enter the cell range you want to check. Enter the first and last cells separated by a colon. For example, to count A2 cells to A9 you would type “A2: A9.”
- For “questions,” type “” * ”with the comments. This calculates the number of cells in the text within a given range. The complete process should look like “= COUNTIF (A2: A9,” * “).”
- Now, press “click” to use the process. The result will appear in the formula cell.
How to Read Cells With Word in Excel on a Mac
The steps for reading text-containing cells within your spreadsheet via macOS are the same as for Excel for Windows:
- Launch “Excel,” then open the spreadsheet you want to analyze. You can also just “double click” the file if you have Excel as your default setting.
- Select “empty egg” on your account to enter the formula.
- In the empty cell, type “= COUNTIF (area, instructions).” This form counts the number of cells in a given range with the word in them.
- For “range,” enter the cell ranges you want to view. Enter the first and last cells, distributed by colon. For example, to count cells B2 to B10 you would type “B2: B10.”
- For the “questions” section, type “*” with the quotes. This counts the number of cells with text in the typed field. For example, your complete formula should be similar to “= COUNTIF (B2: B10,” * “).”
- On your keyboard, press “Enter” to use the process. The result will appear in the selected cell.
Guide about How to Count Cells With Text in Excel
In this guide, we told you about the How to Count Cells With Text in Excel; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Count Cells With Text in Excel in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Count Cells With Text in Excel, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Count Cells With Text in Excel. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.