Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to create desktop shutdown shortcut on Windows 11 PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to create desktop shutdown shortcut on Windows 11 PC
When you are done with your PC for the day, shutting down your computer is the last step before proceeding with your life. There are several built-in methods to shut down your PC, such as via the Start menu, using the built-in keyboard and the (not holding!) Power button button on your PC. Although Windows lets you turn off your PC via desktop or operating system shortcuts, it does a poor job of how to do so. As such, here it is how to create a lock shortcut on Windows 11.
Microsoft has made several visual improvements in Windows 11. This includes a new Start menu and taskbar, new settings, and more. The Start menu hosts the Power menu for your PC. If you want to close or restart Windows 11 (or any other version of Windows for that matter), go to the Start menu.
Along with Start in Windows 11, Power Menu also has a new UI. This may cause some concern for those who go to the Classic Start Menu from Windows 10. This article will help you to reset your memory and learn. how to shut down, restart or put Windows 11 to sleep.
How to create lock shortcuts in Windows 11
- Right-click the free space on the desktop and select New Object and then Shortcut option.
- In the shortcut mode box, type the next command and click Next button: – lock / s / t 0
- Enter the lock shortcut name, then click Finish button.
- Now, on a Windows 11 desktop, a shortcut is created with the name Lock. If you want to turn off your PC, just double click on your shortcut icon and shut down your PC. If you want to decorate your icon, right-click on the shortcut icon and select the Properties option. Alternatively, select the shortcut icon by clicking on it and then press Alt + Press from your keyboard to open the Properties dialog.
- In the Locked Properties dialog, select the Shortcut tab and click “Change Icon” button.
- After pressing the Switch icon button, The Change Icon dialog will appear. Select the icon you want from the list and then click OK button.
- Now in the Locked Properties dialog, click Apply and then OK button.
- So, you have created a shortcut for Lock and changed your icon. If you want to share to the taskbar or start for easy access, right-click the shortcut icon on the desktop and then select “Show more options.”
- Here, select the option “Share to startup” or “Share to taskbar”. Since power button is already on the Start menu, just click “Share to taskbar” to access from the workspace.
Guide about How to create desktop shutdown shortcut on Windows 11 PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to create desktop shutdown shortcut on Windows 11 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to create desktop shutdown shortcut on Windows 11 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to create desktop shutdown shortcut on Windows 11 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to create desktop shutdown shortcut on Windows 11 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.