Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Crop a Photo in Circular shape using GIMP. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Crop a Photo in Circular shape using GIMP
GIMP open source graphics system with a number of editing tools, including seed application and selection tools. There is no shared crop application in GIMP, but you can use the elliptical selection tool of the system as an exercise if you need to plant a circle. Cutting an image in GIMP and other graphics programs indicates the area of the image you want to store and delete the image section outside the area. You can use planting to change the image shape and remove unwanted areas. The crop material in GIMP is rectangular in shape, so it cannot be used to create a crop partition.
GIMP itself has a cutting tool that allows you to cut an image easily. However, you can only use this tool to cut an image into either rectangular or square. It takes a while trick to cut an image into a circle shape in GIMP.
How to Upload an image into the Circle at GIMP
- First, launch the GIMP and open the image you want to cut. Once the image is open, add the Alpha channel to let the background of the image be transparent once you delete the unselected area later. To do so, go to Layer -> Display -> Add Alpha Channel.
- Activate Tool Select Ellipse by pressing your icon on the Toolbox (shortcut: E).
- Go to the Tool Options section (under Toolbox) and make sure the Fixed option is selected and set to Aspect section. Also make sure that the ratio is 1: 1.
- Now select the area of the image you want to cut. Press the keystroke button to use the selection.
- Once the selection is used, go to Select -> Switch (shortcut: Ctrl + I).
- Press the delete key on the keyboard.
Now you can use the GIMP crop application to remove unused parts of the image. Once you are ready, you can copy the hack image into a template you created on another tab in the GIMP. Or you can export if you want to use the cropped image in another tool. Make sure you export your image in PNG format to have a clear background as JPG does not support transparency.
Guide about How to Crop a Photo in Circular shape using GIMP
In this guide, we told you about the How to Crop a Photo in Circular shape using GIMP; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Crop a Photo in Circular shape using GIMP in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Crop a Photo in Circular shape using GIMP, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Crop a Photo in Circular shape using GIMP. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.