Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Customize Windows Desktop Shortcut Arrows. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Customize Windows Desktop Shortcut Arrows
Windows automatically places more overhead arrow icons on top of standard settings, files, or folders whenever you create a shortcut. The first use of this epic icon is to differentiate between a shortcut and a real file, folder, or application.
The shortcut icon covered on the default is not terrible, but it is not great. If you like me and want to change, this is it how to change the default shortcut icon in Windows to custom icon.
Change Shortcut Arrow Icon
The following guide also useful for Windows 7 and 8.
To do things, you will need to make changes to the Windows Registry. Before editing the Registry, make a backup up. Backup lets you restore the Registry in the event of any irregularities.
- To open the Windows registry, press Win + R, type “regedit” in the field and click “OK”. button.
- In the Windows registry go to the next step. If you are using Windows 10, copy the link below, paste it into the address bar and press Enter to get the key quickly.
- Here we need to create a new registry key in order to set a custom shortcut icon. First, right-click on the Explorer button and select “New” and then “Menu.” Name the new button as “Shell Icons” and press Enter.
- On the right-hand side on the empty field and select “New -> String value.” Say the new value “29.”
- Double-click the “29” button, click the status icon in the Value Data field and click “OK” button to save changes. As I saved my new shortcut icon into driver E, I typed “E: System_Icons shortcutIcon.ico” into the Value Data field.
- The changes are not immediate, because you have to restart the system for the changes to take effect. After restarting you will see a new shortcut icon.
Guide about How to Customize Windows Desktop Shortcut Arrows
In this guide, we told you about the How to Customize Windows Desktop Shortcut Arrows; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Customize Windows Desktop Shortcut Arrows in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Customize Windows Desktop Shortcut Arrows, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Customize Windows Desktop Shortcut Arrows. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.