Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Disable Facebook Sounds. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Disable Facebook Sounds
Facebook is an online social media feature and social networking service owned by Meta Platforms. The name was coined in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg alongside fellow Harvard students and colleagues Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes. Membership is initially limited to Harvard students, has expanded to other North American universities, and from 2006 to all over 13 students. By 2020, Facebook has 2.8 billion monthly active users and is ranked seventh in terms of global internet usage. It was the most memorable mobile app of the 2010.
Surprise how to delete Facebook voice on Android or iOS? For some reason, the Facebook app is designed to handle annoying noises that will alert you (and everyone else) when you post or like something. However, if you find them very loud and tired to hear them all the time, you can turn off Facebook items in seconds. To turn off voice on Facebook on your Android smartphone or tablet and your iPhone or iPad:
How do I keep Facebook things quiet?
Turn off in-app Facebook voice
So, how do you silence things in a Facebook app? The way to do it directly is if you know where to look. You just need to navigate to Settings and there you will find Media and Contacts card which handles Items in the app option.
Here is what you need to do on Android:
- From Facebook Timeline, tap on the hamburger (3-line) menu.
- Scroll down and expand Settings & Privacy.
- Select Settings.
- Swipe down and open Media and Contacts.
- Activate Items in the app option.
The method is similar for iOS only, instead of Media and Contacts, there is a separate Sound option.
On a similar note, you can activate chat items in Facebook Messenger. Here it is how to do so:
- Open Facebook Messenger.
- Click your profile picture in the upper left corner.
- Select Notifications & Items.
- Turn off In-app sounds.
- That’s it. There are no items when you tap here or there while browsing through the posts in Timeline.
Check out other item options
While we are on the subject of things within the app, we do not want to miss Autoplay videos that start with sound. For some, this might not be a controversial issue, but many will want the video to start quietly so that they can change the volume of their program. You can play the sound in video playback by simply tapping on it later on.
Here it is how to prevent Facebook videos from starting with sound on Android:
- Navigate again to line-up menu 3> Settings & Privacy> Settings.
- Again, navigate to Media and Contacts at the bottom of the list.
- Play videos in Report Start with Sound.
- Same for iOS. You will not see Media and Contacts, although. Just open Sounds and play videos in the Start Report with Sound.
Disable or disable Facebook notifications
Finally, if you want to go one step further and completely shut down Facebook, you can not ignore the notifications. Thus, there is an option to choose how we make notifications to you, but there is no option to keep them quiet. For that, you will need to dig deep into the System Settings.
Here is what you need to do on your Android:
- Open Settings on it phone.
- Tap Apps & Notifications (on most Android skins just Applications).
- Expand all apps and find Facebook.
- Open Facebook from the list of all installed applications.
- Tap Notifications.
- Now, here you can customize the way the notifications are displayed and what the details are. To activate sounds, just select the global option for Facebook notifications, for example enable Allow sounds or select silence.
For iOS, the process is similar, and here are the exact steps:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Facebook.
- Open Notifications.
- Switch off Items.
Guide about How to Disable Facebook Sounds
In this guide, we told you about the How to Disable Facebook Sounds; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Disable Facebook Sounds in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Disable Facebook Sounds, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Disable Facebook Sounds. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.