Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Fix ‘Dolby Atmos not working in Windows 11’ issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Fix ‘Dolby Atmos not working in Windows 11’ issue
Customers are available for Dolby Atmos among many others features when selecting a new sound bar or home itage eto. Dolby Atmos is a sound enhancement technology that enhances the production of digital audio to create a unique sound experience. It allows the user to adjust the sound system efficiently to provide a comparable experience to a unique experience in a theater.
Dolby Atmos is a more sophisticated type of round object. Instead of splitting into multiple channels, the sounds are mapped to virtual locations in 3D space and sent to your speaker system. These items are positioned by a Dolby Atmos receiver that operates using specially designed speakers. Dolby Atmos systems include ceiling-mounted speakers or floor-mounted speakers that pull their sound out of the ceiling. This feature requires powerful Dolby Atmos equipment, especially the powerful Dolby Atmos receiver.
Dolby Atmos simulates the appearance of standard speaker channels generally installed on the ceiling. It may be more effective than normal sound and it improves the quality of hearing. However, some Windows 11 customers have reported that the Dolby Atmos sound on their PC does not always work or crashes. There are a few options for solving the problem, and this is the list of them all.
How to fix Dolby Atmos crash or Sound Function on Windows 11
Method # 1: Perform sound troubleshooting
Windows OS is equipped with killers that handle most but not all cases. This is the fastest way to remove sound or crash sound on Dolby Atmos and works very well if there is a small software error. Here is how to do it.
- First, open voice troubleshooting on your Windows 11 PC. You can do this by tapping “Windows” button and printing “Troubleshooting Recorder”.
In other words, right-click on the “Speaker” icon on the taskbar to the right-hand corner and select “Troubleshooting sound”.
- Follow the on-screen command and let the program run automatically.
- You will get a list of what is wrong such as a late sound driver or others so you will have to adjust those issues to get Dolby Atmos to perform as usual.
Method # 2: Update Sound Driver
As I mentioned above, outdated audio drivers can cause issues with Dolby Atmos and your Windows 11 PC’s ability to play sound when playing some audio or video file. Here is how to do it.
- Time up Windows key with X and move on “Power options”.
- Next, go to Settings >> Sound.
- Scroll to find “All Equipment”.
- Open all the devices listed here one by one and click on “Check for driver updates” in the upper-right corner.
- Download the update and install it.
- You can search for “Device Manager” on your Windows 11 PC and go to “Sound, video and game directors”.
- Right-click on each device listed here and select “Updated Driver”.
Method # 3: Reinstall the audio driver
If the previous method of updating the sound driver did not work, it is time to reinstall the driver and check whether this method works or not. Here is how to do it.
- First, look for “Device Manager” on your PC. Use the Windows key to find the subject.
- Later, scroll to find “Sound, video, and game directors”Tababu.
- Tap each of the areas listed here and select it “Uninstall Driver”.
- Restart the PC.
- Next, follow the generated instructions to locate the area and select “Updated Driver”.
Method # 4: Rollback Sound Driver
Another way to deal with sound on Dolby Atmos that does not work on Windows 11 or crash cases is by changing the sound drivers to the previous update. This works if you recently upgraded to a new driver or downloaded a new driver and the problem has already begun. Here’s how to put one together for use with your new home.
- Time to go Device Manager on your Windows 11 PC. You can use the Windows key and search for “Device Manager“.
- Next up is the “Sound, video, and game directors” tab the method you did in the previous methods.
- Next, right-click on the listed areas and navigate to it Properties >> Drivers.
- If you have recently downloaded or upgraded to a new driver, you will find a button “Switch Back Driver” tap on it.
This will install an earlier version of the driver and hopefully, will repair a damaged Dolby Atmos or something that did not work on Windows 11.
Method # 5: Update Dolby Access application
The Dolby Access app lets you enjoy Dolby Atmos on your Windows 11. However, some users have reported that instability issues with the app may cause the Dolby Atmos to stop working or crash. This is why updating Dolby Access can help you and this is how you can do it.
- First, look for Dolby access on the search console ie press the Windows key and search for.
- Next, proceed to the Explanation part.
- Navigate through Dolby Access Support >> Also Need Help >> Contact Us >> Leave.
- Follow the instructions after receiving the same in your email.
- Check if you are updating Dolby Access app make any difference or not.
Method # 6: Activate the Exclusive Mode Options
This is another method you can use to fix Dolby Atmos crash or sound not working problems on Windows 11 and hopefully, it will work. Here is how to do it.
- Time up-right on the Voice icon on the notification bar on your PC.
- Next, go to Sound Settings >> Dolby Atmos and continue to its Properties.
- Next upo needs to go Field item >> tap on “Dolby Atmos for Headphones” to enable it.
- Next up is the Advanced tab and navigate to the path “Exclusive Status”.
- Hence, you need to activate two options ie “Give special importance to the material” we had “Allows applications to take exclusive control of this device”.
- Save the changes.
- Try selling audio and see if Dolby Atmos starts working properly or not.
Method # 7: Configure the Dolby Atmos application
Dolby Atmos on your PC does not work. He tried everything honestly but to no avail. Here is how to configure Dolby Atmos application on your PC and see if that makes any difference. You can always ignore this method and move on to the next one you think you do trick.
- Time upso your headphones / headsets connected to the PC.
- In the lower right corner, go to the speaker icon and proceed to “Sound Settings”.
- Next Navigate yourself through by right-clicking on it Dolby Atmosgo through Properties >> Site Voiceand selection “Dolby Atmos” from the drop-down list.
- Now proceed to the Microsoft Store or you will be redirected to stores automatically.
- Next, install “Dolby Atmos” on your PC and launch.
- Next, follow the steps mentioned on the screen to install.
- Pair the headset with Dolby Atmos and then save all settings.
- Finally, restart the PC and check whether this has resolved the Dolby Atmos crash or something that did not work.
Method # 8: Unplug the restore program
If you are still dealing with issues with Dolby Atmos even after updating, uninstalling, and re-installing, or changing audio drivers and updating the Dolby Access application, there may be something wrong with My PC. You can use the program back to the previous location on your Windows 11 which should restore the PC to the previous location. Save time when you remember Dolby Atmos is working properly before doing this.
Guide about How to Fix ‘Dolby Atmos not working in Windows 11’ issue
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘Dolby Atmos not working in Windows 11’ issue; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘Dolby Atmos not working in Windows 11’ issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘Dolby Atmos not working in Windows 11’ issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘Dolby Atmos not working in Windows 11’ issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.