Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Fix ‘File Explorer Not Working’ Issue on Windows 11 PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Fix ‘File Explorer Not Working’ Issue on Windows 11 PC
Many operating systems are required for your Windows computer to work. However, Explorer Manager is one of the most important steps as it provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for the user to navigate the operating system and access all the menus, files and folders. Thus, if the Explorer Manager accidentally crashes or stops responding in the middle of a task, it can lead to a major error. Fortunately, below are some fixes that will definitely help you get your computer back up and running properly.
Explorer Manager is one of the most widely used applications in all versions of Windows (formerly known as Windows Explorer). Windows 11 Explorer offers a simple and clean graphical user interface for access to file systems. But what worries many users is the problem that Windows 11 Explorer does not respond. How to repair?
Restart Windows Explorer: Explorer Manager is missing
The first thing you can try to do to fix this issue is to restart Windows Explorer. You can restart Windows Explorer easily using the task manager. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL together, then on the screen that opens up on the Task Manager.
- In the Processes tab, locate Windows Explorer and then select.
- Now click on the reboot option which you will see in the lower right corner of the task manager window.
Remove Antivirus: Explorer.exe Delay Mode
If your Explorer Manager crashes on Windows 11, then it may be due to Antivirus or Anti-malware Programs installed on your PC. In many cases Antivirus can be corrupted up with your file manager, so hit it off.
So you can try to remove or remove the antivirus. If uninstalling the antivirus fixes the case, then perhaps, you are dealing with the case because of the scan. If the problem still does not resolve, then the antivirus has nothing to do with the problem.
Change File Explorer Options
The next big thing you can try to do is change the Explorer Manager options. Changing the Explorer Manager options can greatly improve the situation for you.
- Click the Start icon to open the Start menu, then search for Control Panel and open it.
- Now head to the search tool in the control panel and find Explorer Manager Options.
- Open File Explorer Options. By default, you will be on the General tab in Explorer Manager Options.
- You will find a drop-down menu right next to Open File Explorer To: option. Select this PC from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Apply, then close the window and the Control Panel properly, and your issue will be resolved.
Clear Cache of Explorer Manager Cache
In many cases the cache cache of File Manager can also cause it to crash. Old data cache may contain damaged files that must be deleted. To clear the cache of Explorer Manager, follow the steps provided below
- Open Control Panel, then find Explorer Manager Options on the search bar in Control Panel.
- Open File Explorer Options.
- In the General tab, you will find the option that appears in the Privacy section. Click on clear to clear the cache, and then click on OK.
- Turn off the Control Panel, and the Explorer Manager will not crash anymore.
Performing SFC scanning
SFC assesses any problems with your system and fixes it. This will scan for any problems with your File, such as corrupt files which may cause the Explorer Manager to crash, and then fix it. If your Explorer Manager crashes on Windows 11, then SFC scanning may be the next option for you.
- In the Start menu, search for Command Prompt. Right-click on Command Prompt, then click on Run as administrator. This will start the Command Prompt as administrator.
- In the Command prompt, type sfc / scannow command and press Enter.
- The process will begin. Wait for it to finish, then restart your PC.
Use Windows PowerShell
If the above method does not work for you, you should try to fix the issue with Windows PowerShell. Follow the steps given below to use PowerShell to fix the issue.
- Right-click on the Start icon and then click Windows Terminal (admin). This will run Windows PowerShell as administrator.
- In PowerShell, click the Windows-Online Image Restore command – Restore Health and activate.
- Wait for the process to finish, then restart your PC. This will fix the issue.
Guide about How to Fix ‘File Explorer Not Working’ Issue on Windows 11 PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘File Explorer Not Working’ Issue on Windows 11 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘File Explorer Not Working’ Issue on Windows 11 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘File Explorer Not Working’ Issue on Windows 11 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘File Explorer Not Working’ Issue on Windows 11 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.