Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Fix ‘HEIC Not Supported’ Issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Fix ‘HEIC Not Supported’ Issue
Since iOS 11, Apple has introduced HEIC standard file format for storing photos on iPhone and iPad. Moving out of JPG is to reduce the file size and due to other benefits, including the ability to have multiple photos (for example from a burst method) in one file. Android 9 (Pie) also adds support for a more effective format, and you can direct usage if it is yours phone photos are not already saved in this modern format.
The problem is, yours laptop or PC will not be able to open these HEIC files after importing them from you phone. Microsoft added support for HEIC (and HEIF) in version 1809 (updated October 2018), but you may also need to go through a few hoops before the Native Photos application will open these files and let you see them.
Open HEIC on Windows Using CopyTrans
CopyTrans HEIC for Windows is a completely free tool (for personal use) that adds support for HEIC files to your Windows machine. It adds native support for this file format which means you can view HEIC in the existing image viewer after installing this tool. Your HEIC photos will open like any other photos in Windows Photo Viewer once you install this little application.
Here’s how to download the app and use it on your PC:
- Head to CopyTrans HEIC for the Windows website and download and install the application on your computer.
- Right-click on one of your HEIC photos and select Properties.
- Make sure you are in the General tab, then click Switch.
- Select Windows Photo Viewer as the default application to open your HEIC photos.
- Click Apply next by OK below.
- Double-click on any of your HEIC files and they will open natively in Windows Photo Viewer.
Convert HEIC to JPEG Online
Another way to open HEIC photos on your Windows device is to convert your photos to compatible format on the web. There are many free online tools to help you transfer your HEIC photos, edit them if desired, and convert them to popular formats like PNG or JPEG.
HEIC to JPEG is one of the online tools to convert that. This is how it works.
- Open HEIC to JPEG field in your browser.
- Drag all your HEIC photos you want to convert to JPEG into a box on the site. It supports a maximum of five photos at a time.
- The tool will start converting your files once the files are uploaded.
- Download the resulting JPEG files to your Windows computer.
Convert HEIC to Offline JPEG on Windows
Online conversion tools are ideal if you are looking to convert a handful of HEIC files. If you have more photos to convert, offline application faster and more easily.
IMazing HEIC Converter is a free offline solution to convert your HEIC photos to JPEG or PNG format. There are also advanced configuration options that you can use while converting your files.
Once the photos are converted, you can open them in multiple image viewers on your device. Here it is how to make changes:
- Download and install the free iMazing HEIC Converter from Microsoft Store.
- Open the tool, drag the photos you want to convert, and drop them onto the tool’s interface.
- Select either JPEG or PNG from the format menu, tick Enable EXIF data if you want to store EXIF data, use
- slide Quality to adjust the quality for your photos, and finally hit Convert.
- Select a folder where you want to save the converted files and click OK.
- Once the photos change, click Show Files to view your photos in File Explorer.
Use Checkout Option to Unlock HEIC on Windows
Microsoft has an official option to let you open HEIC photos on your PC, but that option is behind a checkout wall. You need to purchase an application to add native support for HEIC photos to your device.
Until the option becomes free, which I believe should be at some point, you can purchase and use the application as follows to open HEIC on Windows:
- Launch the Microsoft Store, search for HEVC Video Extensions. Will refund you $ 0.99.
- Once the tool is installed, install another tool called HEIF Image Extensions from the same Store. This is free.
- When both tools are installed, double click your HEIC files and they should open.
Guide about How to Fix ‘HEIC Not Supported’ Issue
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘HEIC Not Supported’ Issue; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘HEIC Not Supported’ Issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘HEIC Not Supported’ Issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘HEIC Not Supported’ Issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.