Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Fix ‘IP address conflict’ Issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Fix ‘IP address conflict’ Issue
An IP address is an unique way to identify your computer when connected to a network. Each device has a different IP address, which makes it easier for the network to differentiate them. If you get the error “Windows has detected an IP address argument”, it means that your IP is already used on the network. All private IP addresses must be unique, otherwise complications will arise. For example, if you connect a PC, laptop and smartphone to the same network, three different IP addresses should be available.
However, if two of these devices have the same IP address, it is not possible for the network to differentiate between them. This is either a problem in PC programs or in your router. You should resolve this issue as soon as possible. Conflicting IP addresses can lead to complications when using the network. Follow us guide to learn how to remove this error message.
Restart the router
The easiest way you can try to fix this case is to restart your router and restart your computer. If every device on your network has a valid IP address, restart the router should be able to fix the IP address conflict.
Release and Reset Windows 10/8/7 IP Address
You can also use Windows Command Prompt to release and modify the IP address for your Windows computer to fix the Windows IP address conflict 10/8/7.
- Open Command Prompt Windows 10. Press Windows + R, press cmd, then press Ctrl + Shift + Press to execute Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type ipconfig / release in the Command Prompt window and press Enter button to release your IP address.
- Then type ipconfig / renew and press Enter to renew your IP address. Will try to get the new IP address from the DHCP server. After a while, you will see a new IP address next to the IPv4 address in the Command Prompt window.
Add Unique IP Address for Your Computer
You can also change the IP address for your computer or set your computer to automatically get the IP address to try to fix the Windows IP address conflict 10/8/7.
- You can right-click the Network icon at the bottom right of the computer toolbar, and select Open Network & Internet Settings. Then scroll down to enter Network and Sharing Center.
- Next click Change adapter settings on the left. Right-click the current network and select Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and click Properties.
- Then you can click Get an IP address automatically to assign an IP address to your Windows 10/8/7 computer. The DHCP server knows what IP addresses can be issued. You can also click Use the following IP address to manually add a new IP address for your computer.
Upgrade the router firmware to fix the DHCP Server error
If the above methods do not work, then it may be a router case. You can go to the router provider’s website to get the router firmware update to see if you can fix the IP address conflict error on Windows 10/8/7.
Guide about How to Fix ‘IP address conflict’ Issue
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘IP address conflict’ Issue; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘IP address conflict’ Issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘IP address conflict’ Issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘IP address conflict’ Issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.