Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Fix ‘iPhone Won’t Add Google Account’ Issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Fix ‘iPhone Won’t Add Google Account’ Issue
This blog is about iPhone and will not include Google account – What to Do. We will make a real effort with the public to understand this guide. I trust you as this blog iPhone will not Add Google Account – What to Do. If your answer is yes then, at that point, kindly follow up to understand this.
Gmail Web Alerts
Before you start interacting with the actual settings, you should check if there are any alerts. Since he has problems with it phone, it is best to do this via PC or Mac, although the method also works as a charm in the iOS version of Safari.
- Launch the browser you want, go to gmail.com, and log in to your account with your email and password.
- Once logged in, the message you are looking for should be something like “An access attempt was blocked” or “Someone has your password.”
- If you see an alarm like this, click on That’s Me or Review Your Devices Now button and follow the on-screen instructions to solve the problem.
CAPTCHA reset is neat trick that opens a security features on your Google account. It can be very useful if you are trying to add the account on your new iPhone. To be precise, security is unlocked features makes it easy for new devices to connect to Google.
- To start the configuration, go to the CAPTCHA Google Display Unlock Page. You will receive a security message, informing you of additional access steps you may need.
- Click Continue to proceed with the configuration and grant access to your account.
- Then log in with your username and password and try adding a Google account to yours mobile device. You should know that it is better to access the CAPTCHA page on your computer than on a smartphone.
IMAP is a framework designed to allow seamless synchronization between offline email readers and Gmail. However, it may not work by default on your iPhone which makes it impossible to add an account.
For Older iOS
- To turn on IMAP, launch Settings, select Mail, and hit Add Account.
- Now, select Other and highlight the IMAP tab.
- Use imap.gmail.com for the server name and include your full email address under username. As for SMTP (outgoing mail server), use smtp.gmail.com and click Save as soon as you are done.
For New iOS
- If your iPhone runs iOS 11 or later, the process is much simpler.
- Open Settings, select Passwords & Accounts, and hit Add Account.
- Select Google from the next window and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Once done, the IMAP process will be turned on by default.
Performance and Notifications
When you try to add a Google account or log in with multiple devices, additional attempts may be temporarily blocked. Usually, you receive an email about the block, but if there is no email, you can find alerts under Activity & Notifications.
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/ and check the Recent Security Events tab for notifications. The Devices section also lists all the devices connected to your account.
- If there is an alarm under recent security incidents, tell Google that you are trying to link to the account.
- After that, you can go ahead and try adding your account again.
Digital Unplug and Plug-Back
- The last resort is to remove your Google account from it phone and try to set up again. To make things clear, when adding an account, your phone remember most of the data, but problems start when you want to access.
- The account seems to be there, but does not respond completely even if you have tried all the previous methods. In this case, the best bet is to close the account and try to reinstall it.
- Tap Settings, navigate to Accounts & Passwords, and select the Gmail tab.
- Hit Delete Account button and confirm your choice in the following windows. It is advisable to restart your iPhone before proceeding to add the account again.
- Although IMAP has largely replaced the old POP protocol, some users may still have an email that uses POP. Once you connect the account to your iPhone, it can be automatically deleted from the server. This only happens if you use the POP process and not as a general rule.
- As always, it is better to be safe than sorry. You should log in to your Gmail on another device to make sure your email is on the web. If you cannot confirm this, it is best to proceed with Delete Account.
Guide about How to Fix ‘iPhone Won’t Add Google Account’ Issue
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘iPhone Won’t Add Google Account’ Issue; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘iPhone Won’t Add Google Account’ Issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘iPhone Won’t Add Google Account’ Issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘iPhone Won’t Add Google Account’ Issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.