Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Fix ‘Logged in With a Temporary Profile Error’ Issue on Windows 10. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Fix ‘Logged in With a Temporary Profile Error’ Issue on Windows 10
After the recent Windows 10 update, you received an error message “You are logged in with a temporary profile”. As a result of this error, have you lost all desktop data? Every time you face a temporary login error, you will notice that it takes a long time to access the user profile. And any changes you make to the temporary profile will not be saved, so every time you log in, a new profile is uploaded.
In this post, we will discuss how to Fix temporary profile login error on Windows 10 / 8.1 and 7.
How to fix temporary profile login error on Windows 10
Via Check Disk Tool
- Hold down the Windows key and press E to open the Windows browser. Right-click on your C: drive, if you do not see C: drive, then click this PC from the left, then select C: Drive (located where Windows is installed)
- Click on Properties.
- Click on the Tools tab. Under Error Checking, click Check now. Click Start to start the scan. If it says it can’t scan while the driver is in use, then click Configure Disk Configuration and Restart your system. It will scan and adjust after restarting, so do not press any key to cancel disk search.
Correct registry entry
- Press the Windows + R key. In the task window, type regedit and press Enter. Click Yes if a UAC warning appears.
- On the left, double click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to expand it. Now click on Software under it. Also go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionProfileList
- Under the ProfileList on the left, find the SID keys which are something like “S-1-5-21..some long number”. You will see two or more of these SID keys, maybe one will have .bak at the end and another one will be without it. The one that has .bak has a link to an inaccessible profile and one will find one that belongs to the temporary profile you are currently using.
- To confirm, click on any SID button to highlight it. Now on the right, next to ProfileImagePath in the data line, it will be “C: Users ‘Your Access Profile'”. Click on all the SID keys like “S-1-5-21… .some in length” and close the keys with your profile name next to the ProfileImagePath EXCEPT one with .bak at the end. Confirm the message and click OK.
- Right-click on the “S-1-5-21… .some in length” button with .bak at the end, then type another name. Delete “.bak” from the end of the key. Close the window. Restart your computer.
- Now try logging in your original profile. If you are still facing the same issue, then the remaining key can be deleted even if a new registry key is created.
- Log in through the built-in Administrator account.
- First back up all the folders from C: Users ‘Your Access Profile Name’ by copying them to another computer. You can paste them later to the same location to get your desktop icons and piece of documents exactly where you already are. After copying all the data, delete “Your Invalid Profile Name” from C: Users.
- Navigate to the “S-1-5-21..some length number” button again. The .bak button will be there again. Delete both SID keys whose value next to ProfileImagePath is “C: Users ‘Your Access Profile’ ‘.
- Press Windows Key + R. Enter ms-settings: windowsupdate and press Enter.
Guide about How to Fix ‘Logged in With a Temporary Profile Error’ Issue on Windows 10
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘Logged in With a Temporary Profile Error’ Issue on Windows 10; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘Logged in With a Temporary Profile Error’ Issue on Windows 10 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘Logged in With a Temporary Profile Error’ Issue on Windows 10, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘Logged in With a Temporary Profile Error’ Issue on Windows 10. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.