Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Fix ‘Network Discovery Is Turned off on Windows 10’ Issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Fix ‘Network Discovery Is Turned off on Windows 10’ Issue
Users will always be finished up in a situation where they tried to activate their PC network display yet could not. Either the option has turned gray, or they have allowed their PCs to be detected, however back to notice the programs therefore back to disabled. This article tests what network search is, why it is used and how users can troubleshoot it to work.
Enable Network Discovery
- Once you find that your Network Discovery is disabled, you can manually activate it in Windows Settings.
- Click Start button and select Settings.
- Navigate to Network & Internet> Mode. On the right, select the sharing options.
- Expand settings for Private profile in new interface. Select Turn on Network Discovery and check Turn on automatic configuration of devices connected to the network.
- Click Save Changes button and check if the problem is removed.
Activate Trusted Services
- Sometimes, Network Discovery is turned off due to related trusted services, including DNS Client, Service Discovery Publishing, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host.
- You should make sure that these functions are running and set as Automatic. Here are the steps.
- After completing the Run window, type services.msc and click OK to open the Services Manager.
- Find one of the functions you want to right-click. Select Properties in the text menu.
- In the new window, check whether the Service mode is active and the startup type is Automatic. If it does not work, click Start button and set the Startup type as Automatic. Then, click Apply and OK if you have made any changes.
- Repeat Step 2 and Step 3 for the rest of the related tasks. Then restart your computer.
Configure Firewall Settings
- Your network discovery does not work if you are blocked by Windows Firewall on your PC. To resolve this issue, you need to configure the firewall settings.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Navigate to Settings and Security> Windows Defender Firewall> Allow application or feature via Windows Defender Firewall.
- When you get to the next page, click Switch Settings button. Then, find and check Network Discovery to activate for your network profile and click OK.
- Now, repeat the steps of Fix 1 to turn on Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center.
- If your network discovery does not work, troubleshooting is also a good solution.
- To do so, just follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to Windows Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshooting.
- Click Network Adapter and hit Troubleshooting.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Then, select Shared Folders and perform your troubleshooting efficiently.
Update Network Adapter
- If your network adapter is old or damaged, there may be problems with network connections. features. So, if your Network Discovery is off, you can try synchronizing the network adapter.
- Open Device Manager and find your network adapter.
- Right-click the driver and select Updated Driver from the text menu.
- Click Auto Search for updated software driver in pop-upup window and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update. After that, restart your computer to see if the error has been resolved.
Reset Network Settings
- If all the above solutions fail to fix the case. You may need to consider reconfiguring your network. This action will change all network-related settings to default values without deleting data on your computer.
- To reset the network, you need to open Settings and go to Network & Internet. In the Status section, click Network also from the right pane. After network configuration, restart your computer to check if the issue is fixed.
Guide about How to Fix ‘Network Discovery Is Turned off on Windows 10’ Issue
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘Network Discovery Is Turned off on Windows 10’ Issue; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘Network Discovery Is Turned off on Windows 10’ Issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘Network Discovery Is Turned off on Windows 10’ Issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘Network Discovery Is Turned off on Windows 10’ Issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.