Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC
While Sims 4 is a reliable game, sometimes Sims 4 will not open or start. Sims 4 is a popular live action video game released in 2014. In this game, the actors control a Sim character and control different aspects of their lives. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series here on IR Cache, we’re going to cover the issue of Sims 4 not opening or starting on Windows 10. According to users, The Sims 4 will not always start if your computer is not. updated. Windows 10 is a reliable operating system, but some bugs can cause problems like this.
If there are updates, they will be recorded in the background. After installing the updates, check if there is a problem. After updating your system, make sure you have the latest patches for The Sims 4 installed. To do this, right-click on Sims 4 in Origin -> select Check for Updates. In addition to updating your system, it is important to update your graphics card drivers, which you can easily do with a third-party software application. Sometimes third-party apps and services can interfere with your game and cause this or similar problems. If Sims 4 does not start on your computer, try again. Restarting will disable all apps and third-party services because it does not affect your game.
Try to Repair Sims 4
Whenever you encounter a problem where your game does not open or crash frequently, at that time try to reset the game initially. Follow the steps below to restart Sims 4:
- Launch Sims 4.
- Then, go to your game library.
- After that, find the Sims 4 game and right click on it to select the Repair option.
Update your Video Card Driver
Possibly, outdated or faulty video card drivers are the main culprits behind this case. So, to fix the same issue you can try to update the old video drivers. You can update the drivers manually either by going to the PC manufacturer’s official support page or the official support card of the video card manufacturer.
But just make sure you have something of a good technology and a lot of time too. In case where you are currently working, or you do not even have good technical skills, then you can use the Driver Update to update the video card drivers to fix the Sims 4 is not an open case. The tool automatically identifies your PC and will find the latest or true driver for you. This is how Bit Driver Updater works!
- Download the Bit Driver Update by clicking the download button button below. Then, to complete the installation process follow the on-screen instructions.
- After this, wait a while until the completion of the scanning process.
- As soon as the scan was done for the old drivers, he listed them.
- Check the list, then click Update Now button which appears next to the drivers.
However, you can update all error drivers with free version. But, with the pro version of the tool, you can update all the old, broken, or error drivers in one click. For this, click on Update All Options instead of Update Now. And, that is, make your time until new updates are inserted.
Sometimes, Sims 4 does not open cases caused by incorrect game files. Therefore, restarting the game will help you to restore the game files. But before you start to restart the game, just keep in mind that resetting the game will automatically delete buildings in the game. So, if you want, then you can create a backup of the game first. Once the configuration is done, then you can restore the game via backup. Back to the field, follow the steps below to restart the game.
- On your PC, open Documents, then Electronic Arts.
- Now, find the Sims 4 folder and right click on it to select Delete from the list of options. If the confirmation box appears then click YES to confirm the deletion.
- Delete your folder from your Recycle Bin properly.
- Restart your PC again.
Update Windows OS
Make sure your Windows is always up to date up-to-date to its latest version of the device. An updated version of Windows incorporates new patches that make your game even stronger and faster than ever. Here it is how to do Windows Update!
- Simultaneously, press the Windows + X keys from your keyboard.
- Then, a list of pop-up options, scroll down to select Settings from the menu.
- This will call the Settings window, now click on Update & Security option.
- After that, select Windows Update from the left-hand menu and then click on Check For Option Updates.
Update the Game
The developer of this game releases new updates every month including performance enhancements, bug fixes, and other new ones features. So, always make sure to keep your game up-to-date to avoid any launch or crash issues. In the current event, if your Sims 4 game is not over, then you will meet Sims 4 will not launch problematic. So, follow the steps given below to update your game.
- Call Customer Origin.
- Switch to My Games section.
- Navigate to The Sims 4 and right click on it.
- Now, in the next pop up -up menu select Check For Updates and click on it.
Reinstall the Game
The complex behavior of the game prevents you from playing the game normally without any interruptions. Therefore, sometimes game updates are not able to fix the problem, in that case, you need to reinstall the game and the original client. To remove the game, follow the steps shared below:
- Launch Origin last week
- Head to My Games section. Then, right click on The Sims 4.
- Next, select Uninstall from the menu.
Guide about How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘Sims 4 not launching or opening’ Issue on Windows PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.