Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue
There are a few scenarios more annoying than when your voice is not working while browsing the internet. You have already experienced this, and you are not alone – it is a very common problem. Fortunately, most of the time it is not necessary, and there are a few simple steps that need to be followed to solve this problem. What could be more annoying than playing a YouTube video on Google Chrome without sound?
After that, check your computer volume, start playing a song in a player and fiddle with the sound options – everything is fine, the sound works without any problems. But when you get back to Chrome, you may not hear anything again. It’s sure to surprise how to recover items in Google Chrome.
Updating your driver’s voice
When something goes wrong with your computer, one of the first solutions you should try is synchronizing your audio driver. That said, it is important to have the latest and compatible driver versions for your Windows 10 system. This ensures that your applications and applications will work smoothly.
There are two ways to update your drivers: manually or automatically using Auslogics Driver Updater. Before you go out to do it manually, you must know that the process can take a lot of time and effort. You will have to go to the manufacturer’s website and find the latest version of your driver that is also compatible with your device. If you happen to install the wrong version, it may cause more problems for your PC.
As such, we recommend automation of the process, using a reliable program such as Auslogics Driver Updater. You just have to type it button and you can get the tool to scan your system automatically and find the right drivers for your computer. This way, you will not risk making mistakes while trying to fix nothing in Chrome.
Use the volume mixer to check the sound
Windows 10 is a feature that allows you to adjust the volume level for specific apps. If you hear what is coming from applications other than Chrome, then you have probably stopped the volume for your browser. You can fix this by following these steps:
- Go to the bottom right of your workspace and right-click the Sound icon.
- Select Open Volume Mixer.
- Move the Chrome volume slider to the listening level.
- Restart Chrome and play some audio or video on it to check if the problem is resolved.
Clear your browser cookies and cache
Cookies and cache are temporary files that increase the loading speed of web pages. However, over time, your browser captures most of them. As a result, Chrome becomes overwhelmed with temporary data, causing many issues such as lack of sound. Therefore, it is best not to clear your browser cache and cookies. You can do this by following the instructions below:
- Launch Chrome.
- Go to the top right of the browser and click Customize and Manage Google Chrome. This should be three
- vertical line close to tree addresses.
- Select More Tools from the list, then click Clear Data Browser.
- Select a time field for the data you want to delete.
- Click Clear Data.
Ensure that the website is not silent
It is also possible that the content on the page you are visiting is negative. You can fix this by the steps below:
- Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” (no rumors), then press Enter.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down until you reach the Multimedia section.
- Make sure that the box next to ‘Activate items in webpages’ is selected.
- Save the changes by clicking Apply and OK.
- Restart Chrome and check whether the item is from the web application.
Extensions for users to have a better browsing experience on Chrome. For example, when you want to prevent ads from being inserted into the websites you visit, you can install AdBlock. On the other hand, these extensions can interfere with your browser and cause sound issues. So, if you want to fix sound problems on Chrome, it would be advisable to remove your extensions. Simply follow the steps below:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Click Customize and Manage Google Chrome. You can access this option by pressing the three vertical icons through the address bar.
- Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- Delete all extensions installed on your browser.
- Restart your browser and check whether the sound issue is resolved.
Guide about How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.