Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to fix ‘Windows 11 Lock Screen slideshow not working’ issue. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to fix ‘Windows 11 Lock Screen slideshow not working’ issue
The implementation process is different from installation, which requires a product code. It is also different from the registry after installation in other ways. A copy of the Windows license and a specific computer program are linked by the Windows operating system.
In principle, such a link should prevent the same copy of Windows from being installed on more than one computer, as is possible with older versions of the operating system. So, what happens if you do not run your Windows 11 operating system? The fact is that nothing bad will happen. There is minimal disruption in the planning process. The only thing that is not in this situation is customization, for example, slideshow.
Fix Windows 11 slideshow screen lock does not work
Set Windows 11 slideshow screen lock manually
- You need to manually set the lock screen slider manually Windows 11 or Windows 10 as the default setting does not work that way. The good news is that you can easily set the lock screen slider on Windows 11 using Windows Settings.
- To get started, press Windows + I to open Windows Settings on Windows 11 and go to Personal> Lock Screen.
- On the right, you can see a drop-down menu. Expand this menu, and select the Slide option.
- By default, you compile images from the Images folder. That is, you may want to have some pictures there in order to display them in the slideshow.
Activate Windows to use the slideshow feature
- You must have Windows 11/10 enabled to use the slideshow feature. Although there are some places to avoid this limitation, you should opt for this method if you have not already done so. Without running your copy of Windows, you will be able to access the Connection panel in Windows Settings.
Check pictures if they are not deleted
- By default, Windows 11 and Windows 10 have some images in the Images folder, allowing you to set up slideshow on lock screen. Regardless, if those images are deleted by mistake, you can still find them up against this problem every now and then.
- For your information, the Pictures folder is your existing Library folder up when you install Windows on your computer or create a new user account.
Do not delete the folder you selected for the slideshow
- As mentioned, you can select multiple folders with images for lock screen slides. However, if those folders are accidentally deleted, the Windows 11 lock screen slider will automatically stop working. Therefore, you should make sure that the selected folders are intact or not. For that, navigate to the path of the folder and check them accordingly.
Re-add folders and images
- When you are having problems with existing folders and images, it is advisable to delete them and re-add folders and images for Windows 11 in the lock screen slider. In another words, has almost completely reset the lock screen slider on Windows 11/10.
- Press Windows + I to open the Windows Settings panel and go to Personal> Lock Screen.
- Select the folder you want to remove from the list and click Remove button.
- Next, click on Add a folder button and select a folder full of pictures.
- Now, restart your computer and check if it solves your problem or not.
Do not turn off the screen after the slideshow is activated
- When the slideshow ends, Windows 11 will automatically close the screen to save power. However, the same thing creates a slideshow that does not work on Windows 11. Therefore, you have to select the option to stop Windows 11 from turning off the screen when the slideshow ends. For that, you can find a selection of advanced slideshow settings in Personal> Lock Screen.
- After that, expand the Off screen after the slideshow is enabled for the menu and select the Do not delete option.
Fix slideshow stopped working by activating from Power Options
- It is possible to play or slideshow depending on your ability to save battery while using it laptop. That said, you created the issue on Windows 11. For this, you have to check the corresponding settings in Power Options.
- To get started, click on the Taskbar search box, find the search control panel and open the search result, respectively.
- Next, find the power options in the Control Panel search box and click on Change power saving settings.
- Then, click on the Change settings option and select Change advanced power settings.
- Now expand the Desktop settings> Slide show. Make sure the Program is available.
- If it is Delay, expand the list and select the Find option.
Check the index settings to the index slideshow folder
- Because of malware, viruses, trojan, adware, ransomware, etc., Windows may fail to index a system or folder or file type. If the images you selected are PNG or JPG and Windows 11 does not list those types of files, you may encounter the issue on your PC. For that, find “index options” in the Taskbar search box and open the corresponding result.
- Next, click on Advanced button, and switch to the File Types tab.
- Here you can find all the file extensions. Find PNG and JPG and make sure these two options are tick.
- If not, check the boxes and click OK button to save conversion.
Get a lock screen slide show at GPEDIT
- There is a Group Display program called Preventing Lock slide show. If this program works, you cannot set the lock screen slider on Windows 11 or 10. Therefore, you need to check the settings to make sure.
- For that, press Windows + R to open the Run function, type gpedit.msc, and press Enter button.
- Next, navigate to the following: Computer Configuration> Admin Templates> Control Panel> Personal
- Double-click on the Disable slide screen lock setting and select either Configure or disabled option.
- Click on OK button to save conversion.
Check the lock screen ban in the Registry Editor
- As a Local Group Editor, it is possible to prevent users from changing the lock screen using the Registry Editor. If the same program works in REGEDIT, you may find the slide show does not work on Windows 11.
- For that, press Windows + R, press regedit, press Enter button, and click on the Yes option.
- Then, navigate to the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE Microsoft WindowsPersonalization Policy
- You can find a REG_DWORD value named NoLockScreenSlideshow. If so, right-click on it and select the Delete option.
- Then, confirm the removal.
- However, if you cannot navigate to the mentioned path or something is missing, that means you do not have to check this program.
Use Windows Spotlight
- Windows Spotlight is normally handy as Slideshow since it also displays many images taken from Bing. However, you need an internet connection to be updated. If you want, you can activate Windows Spotlight on the Windows 11 lock screen.
- For that, you have to open Windows Settings and go to Personal> Lock Screen> select Windows Spotlight from the drop-down menu.
Guide about How to fix ‘Windows 11 Lock Screen slideshow not working’ issue
In this guide, we told you about the How to fix ‘Windows 11 Lock Screen slideshow not working’ issue; please read all steps above so that you understand How to fix ‘Windows 11 Lock Screen slideshow not working’ issue in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to fix ‘Windows 11 Lock Screen slideshow not working’ issue, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to fix ‘Windows 11 Lock Screen slideshow not working’ issue. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.