Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Format Drive in Windows 11. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Format Drive in Windows 11
Many do not think there will be Windows 11 after Microsoft announced in 2015 that Windows 10 will be the latest version of the operating system. The latest competition from Chrome OS necessitates a major update to the user interface, and Windows 11 relies on Google’s glossy desktop design. Despite its awesome new look, Windows 11 is a function almost identical to Windows 10, with some newer features and added conveniences. After six years of boring upgrades, a major overhaul of the world’s most popular desktop operating system is welcome news: Windows fans finally have something to look forward to.
Hard drive formatting erases everything on it. Sometimes hard drives in our computers can be damaged or slow down over time. Hard drive formatting can be a solution to these problems. There are many cases where content placement is important. If it is a new hard drive, it is recommended to format it before using it. If you want to reinstall Windows 11, you will need to format your hard drive. In many cases, it is also necessary to format the hard drive.
For example, if you want to delete your junk files or cached files that you can not remove manually, or if you want to use another file system, etc. Whatever the case may be, if you need to format your hard drive on your Windows 11. computer, this thing will help you to do. Follow the steps described here to learn more about the different ways you can format your hard drive easily.
How to Format hard drive or SSD on Windows 11
- Click Explorer Manager on the taskbar to open the application. You can also open it by pressing the Win + X shortcut keys and selecting Explorer Manager from the list of options provided.
- Once Explorer Manager opens, click on this PC from the left pane.
- On the right side, select the computer you want to format under Devices and the drivers section. Right-click on it and select Format.
- The Format window will open, and you will see various options in the drop-down menus. You will have to choose the ones that are useful to you. Here is a general advice to help you decide: Capacity: This option shows the amount of space available to you once the format is complete. File System: This represents a system that runs an OS how to save and transfer files to and from the drive. Usually, these are the options you will get: FAT, FAT32 (default), NTFS, exFAT. If you want your computer to be readable by Mac and Windows, select exFAT, and if you want it to be readable only on Windows, select NTFS. Sharing Size: Keep this setting on the default provided. Volume icon: This is your driver name. Format Options: Check box next to Quick Format. If this box is selected, the formatting will take place quickly. This will remove the data and all references will be removed, but the data is still on the computer. With this program, you will be able to restore old data when you upload new data to the computer. If you open the box, the format will happen slowly, but it will erase all your data completely.
- Once you are done with the changes. Click on Start.
- You will receive a warning message. Click OK.
Guide about How to Format Drive in Windows 11
In this guide, we told you about the How to Format Drive in Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Format Drive in Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Format Drive in Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Format Drive in Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.