Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Free Up Space on Windows 11/10. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Free Up Space on Windows 11/10
Know how to ofe up space in Windows 10/11 is useful information to have now that the operating system is six years of operation. And for those who have been using Windows 10 since day one, let’s face it, the available hard drive space may be small. We are all in a situation where you are about to download an application, video game, or update when a site end warning suddenly appears. While accidentally deleting some applications or files that are not in use can help, identify and delete the ones you actually took. up most of your SSD / HDD space is a huge difference. Most of the time, the whole Windows installation fails up garbage collected up disk space and waste resources.
It’s easy to forget regular maintenance, so the problem always comes from old files and programs. If you do not clean your computer anymore, after a while you will encounter small disk space warnings and find that it slows down. If your device is running on site, Windows 10/11 offers several tools (such as Sense Storage, OneDrive File On-Demand, Compact OS, NTFS Compression, and many others) to delete junk and temporary files , apps, and game optimization. of machine memory. Using these tools will help you regain extra space, but will improve overall performance and update problems.
How to Free Up Space on Windows 10/11
Delete unnecessary files
Here are two ways for you to do this. The first thing is to select and delete a few files that you no longer use manually. The second one is to use Sense Storage. Sense Storage is introduced in Windows 10 version 1703 to remove temporary files and stuff inside your Recycle Bin. If you have a Storage Site turned on in Settings, Windows can free up disk space automatically by removing unnecessary files. If your Sense repository is off, you can enable it.
- Go to Start menu -> Settings -> Settings -> Storage. Switch the option to “Sense Storage” ON and click on the “Change how to do it free up place”.
- In the next window, check the type of files temporarily to be deleted. You can also click “Learn Now” to allow up Windows 10 disk space now.
Remove Applications You no longer need
If you have some programs installed for troubleshooting and now they no longer need them, you can go ahead and remove them for free up disk space. To do this, right-click the Start Windows menu and click “Programs and FeaturesThen right-click on a program you no longer need and select “Uninstall.” Repeat this process to remove unnecessary applications.
Performing Disk Cleanup
Disk Cleanup is a built-in application that deletes temporary and irrelevant files. When your hard drive like C drive is fully functional you can go ahead and use Disk Cleanup to free disk space.
- Go to Explorer and navigate to “this PC”. Then right-click on the computer you want to clean up and select “Disk Cleanup” from the best match.
- After several minutes of calculation, you will be given a new overview view that can be defined as the file size captured by each file type. At this point, check the ones you do not want and click OK.
Turn off Hibernation Mode
Hibernation in computing is to charge a computer while maintaining its status. If Hibernation Mode is enabled in Windows, by changing the Folder Options to “Show hidden files, folders and drivers” and checking “Hide secure device files (Recommended)”, you will Find a file called “hiberfil.sys” in the C drive, which takes up a lot of gigabytes of storage space.
Activate Compact OS
Compact OS is made with Windows 10. It reduces operating system usage by combining compression and software tricks. It also reduces the footprint of Windows applications to free up disk space, making amounts in Windows disk cleanup. Enable compact OS simplicity. However, since it is running the operating system, it is important to create a system image backup before proceeding.
- Search for Command Prompt and run it as Commander.
- Type the following command to compress Windows 10 and applications and press Enter:
- Compact.exe / CompactOS: always
- This process will take about 20 minutes. When finished, you get 2GB around disk space.
Reduce the Size of WinSxS Folder
- If your C drive is full you can go to C: Windows to find a folder named “WinSxS”.
- WinSXS folder contains all Windows system components and continues to grow with the time of Windows installation. He also refused up useless files as old versions of system components over time.
Note that you should not delete your entire WinSxS folder or delete some files in it, as this can seriously damage your system, making it impossible for your PC to restart or update. However, you can perform the following to remove unnecessary files.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Set to look through Category and select “Settings and Security”.
- Select “Set Tasks” under Administrative Tools.
- On the left, select Task Schedule Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Services.
- In the center pane, right-click “StartComponentCleanup” and select “Run”.
Turn On OneDrive Files On-Query
If your PC is running Windows 10 Fall Creator Updates and higher version, you can get it for free up disk space by turning on OneDrive Files On-Query. With this feature works, you will be able to access your OneDrive files from your PC without having to download them all, therefore, freely up lots of disk space.
- Click the OneDrive icon on the taskbar and log in to your account.
- Right-click the OneDrive icon and select “Settings”.
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab and make sure that the option “Save space and save files as you use them” is checked.
- Open your OneDrive folder, select all files and folders, hold up the text menu and select “Delete space”. This way, all the files are stored in the cloud, independently up Windows disk space.
Move Files to Another Mode
If you have a large number of pictures, sounds, videos and other large files stored on a computer, consider moving them to another location such as an external hard drive to free disk space.
- Open File Explorer, click each partition and select up those who want to move.
- After that, go to Home tab on the ribbon, select Transfer and then Select Location.
- Select your external hard drive from the location list and then select Move.
Save New Files to Another Mode
Instead of saving all your new files to the same location, save some of them to a different computer for free up disk space.
- Open the Start menu and select Settings -> Settings -> Storage.
- Under More storage settings, select “Change where new content is stored”.
- For each type of content, select the computer to save the new files from the drop-down menu.
Guide about How to Free Up Space on Windows 11/10
In this guide, we told you about the How to Free Up Space on Windows 11/10; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Free Up Space on Windows 11/10 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Free Up Space on Windows 11/10, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Free Up Space on Windows 11/10. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.