Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Import and Receive Hotmail from Thunderbird. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Import and Receive Hotmail from Thunderbird
Hotmail is the first web-based email service created by Jack Smith with Sabeer Bhatia in 1996. Hotmail is also known as Outlook.com, Mail Live Windows. Hotmail follows MS’s Metro design language which will closely resemble the Outlook.com interface. Hotmail features including free database, calendar, contacts, control, Ajax and close integration with OneDrive, Office Online, and Skype.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free and open source email client available on many platforms. The Mozilla Thunderbird application stores data between mailboxes in MBOX format. When a Hotmail account is added to the Thunderbird application, it will synchronize with the Hotmail server at specific intervals to store new messages locally.
How to send and receive hotmail from thunderbird
Check your SMTP server settings
Use this method if you cannot send an email. The SMTP Server (Simple Message Transfer Protocol) plays the role of a sender in the email world. In another words, the emails you send are originally received by the SMTP server. The server then distributes them to the recipients.
Using advanced SMTP settings may prevent you from sending email using Thunderbird. That is why you need to make sure you are using the correct SMTP server settings. Make sure you do not try to send emails from Thunderbird using another SMTP server.
- Launch Thunderbird and click on the menu.
- Then go to Account Settings.
- Choose your account name.
- Click the outgoing server.
- Check the SMTP server settings for your email address.
- If you do not know what SMTP programs to use, check out the Thunderbird support pages:
- Thunderbird and Gmail
- Thunderbird and Yahoo
- If you are using a different email service, go to your email provider’s website and find the SMTP mail settings to use.
Check Your IMAP Server Settings
Use this method if you cannot send an email.
- Click on the three lines to open the menu.
- Then navigate to Options.
- Select Server Settings and make sure you are using the correct IMAP server settings.
- For more information on the IMAP plans to use, visit the official website of your email account provider.
Whitelist Thunderbird or Enable your Antivirus / Firewall
Antivirus or firewall can prevent Thunderbird from delivering its messages. Or they may block incoming emails to your inbox.
To test whether your antivirus or firewall is blocking outgoing emails, activate the tools easily. If you can send and receive emails with scan and firewall removed, Thunderbird whitelist.
If you are using Windows Security:
- Navigate to Settings → Updates & Security Windows Windows Security.
- Then click on Virus & Threat Protection → Manage settings.
- Select Add or Remove → Add and remove, and select Thunderbird.
If you are using Windows Firewall:
- Click ‘Firewall’ in the Windows search box.
- Then click on Allow the application through the firewall.
- Click on Change settings button.
- Hit Allow another application button and add Thunderbird to the list.
The steps to follow vary depending on the antivirus / firewall you are using. For detailed instructions, go to your official antivirus / firewall support page.
If this problem occurs soon after updating Thunderbird, whitelisting the email application should be corrected. Antivirus / firewall may not trust the latest Thunderbird version. That is why you need to get your security settings to stop and trust the Thunderbird update feature.
Disable SSL enabled in ESET
If you are using a security application from ESET, try disabling SSL. Use this method if you cannot receive emails on Thunderbird
- Launch your ESET program and press F5.
- This will open the Advanced Settings.
- Click on the Internet and email (or type ‘tls’ in the search tool).
- Then expand SSL / TLS.
- Use the slider to activate the SSL / TLS protocol.
- Save the changes and restart your computer.
Thunderbird 78 and higher require advanced TLS security standards. The problem is that you will not be able to send or receive emails if your provider does not support the new TLS encryption protocols. As a function, you can change the Thunderbird. You can find a list of previous Thunderbird versions on the Mozilla support page.
Contact your ISP
- Some Internet Service Providers tend to block outgoing emails on certain ports (port 25). Switch to another port or contact your ISP for further assistance if you are unable to send an email.
- If you have problems receiving emails, check if everything is correct up and running on your ISP’s end. Contact your ISP and check if they are set up up spam filter. Such a filter can block or even delete emails directed at you preventing them from landing into your inbox.
- Users often have trouble importing their Hotmail email account into Mozilla Thunderbird. The reason is the complexity of the typical Hotmail complex and the long process configuration. In this not up we will suggest the two best methods on how to integrate Hotmail account into Thunderbird step by step, both manually and automatically.
- We have to import and integrate Hotmail account into Thunderbird, Firstly, the analog configuration method, which is long and complicated and secondly the direct and secure Hotmail Backup software.
An automated way to integrate Hotmail into Thunderbird
This automation method is hassle-free and quick solution to transfer all of your Hotmail mailbox data to Thunderbird in a single shot. The software is built with advanced algorithms to import Hotmail bulk account data into PST, PDF, MBOX, MSG, and EML file formats. Once the emails are imported into the MBOX file with the tool, you can easily import them into the Thunderbird mailbox.
Download and Run tools and log in with your Hotmail account.
- Select the Thunderbird file format ie, MBOX.
- Browse a site to save Hotmail emails.
- Click on Start button to import Hotmail emails into a Thunderbird file.
Manually Configure Hotmail to Thunderbird
In the analog configuration, there are three basic tasks that you must perform, which are listed below:
- Add Hotmail to Thunderbird & Configure the Servers
- Configuring Incoming Servers (IMAP & POP)
- Configuring Outgoing Servers
Import Hotmail into Thunderbird & Configure the Servers
- Open Thunderbird and navigate to the top right corner >> click on Options >> click Account Settings
- Go to the left and find Account Actions >> click on Add Account
- Now enter the Hotmail account details and click Continue to add Hotmail to Thunderbird.
- Thunderbird will automatically reset the rest settings. Click on Done. Your Hotmail account has been added to the Thunderbird application.
Guide about How to Import and Receive Hotmail from Thunderbird
In this guide, we told you about the How to Import and Receive Hotmail from Thunderbird; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Import and Receive Hotmail from Thunderbird in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Import and Receive Hotmail from Thunderbird, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Import and Receive Hotmail from Thunderbird. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.