Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Install Windows 11 on SSD from a hard drive. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Install Windows 11 on SSD from a hard drive
In this case, you would normally be GAAKO how to Transfer Windows 11 to SSD without OS installation and troubleshooting information free of charge! For this, we will use perhaps the best cloning tools of window 11 SSD to optimize its performance directly.
With Microsoft moving to make Windows 11 the next generation operating system, you probably want to get your PC fully functional with Windows 11 on your SSD rather than HDD. Due to the incredible speed improvements and small size, SSDs are always recommended to install a device
Advantages – Install Windows 11 on SSD
- With the release of Windows 11, you may want to experience this new OS. But compared to installing Windows on a traditional hard drive, it is a better option to install Windows 11 on a new SSD. The main reasons for this include:
- An SSD has a faster speed. You can improve the system boot speed, shortening the time to seconds from a few minutes.
- Even so, SSD can make the whole system faster by speed up settings when running.
- Well then, do you have the idea of how to install Windows 11 on a new SSD? It is time consuming and laborious but if you follow these two steps below, things will get easier.
Preparation: Prepare a New SSD for Windows 11
Since Windows 11 has strict system requirements, to ensure that the PC has great performance, it is necessary to choose the right SSD as the system driver. Just prepare a new SSD for Windows 11 by following the tips Here.
Get the appropriate SSD
To install Windows 11 on a new SSD for optimal performance, you should first purchase the proper one. For a fast and affordable computer, the M.2 SSD is ideal for Windows 11. Of course, you can install an SSD in other form factors depending on your computer. Besides, make sure the SSD has a large storage space to store the new system and some files.
Set up SSD
- As for Windows 11 system requirements, the new system requires Boot Secure mode located on the GPT disk only. So, to ensure the successful installation of Windows 11 on an SSD, start SSD to GPT.
- Just connect your SSD to your computer, then launch Disk Management and right-click on the SSD to select Disk Start. Then, set the partition body to GPT.
- After completing the preparation process, now is the time to start installing Windows 11 on an SSD.
How to Install Windows 11 on M.2 SSD or other SSD?
Transfer Windows 11 to SSD
- If you have not already installed Windows 11, you can upgrade to this new operating system from Windows 10. Currently, Windows 11 is in testing phase.
- You can join the Windows Manager Program and then go to Windows Updates and check for updates. Then, download and install Windows 11 on your PC. Go to this post to know more – How to Install / Upgrade to Windows 11 Preview Manager Build Safely.
- After installing Windows 11, you can now transfer the new operating system to your SSD. To achieve this goal, you need the help of a professional cloning software. Here, MiniTool ShadowMaker can be your best helper.
Use the MiniTool ShadowMaker from Windows 11 to SSD
- At first glance, you see MiniTool ShadowMaker is a computer backup software since you can back it up up files, folders, disks, partitions, and systems. It can be a file synchronization software since it supports file & folder synchronization. Besides, it can be a powerful disk cloning software. With your Clone Disk featureo you can easily clone a disk to another hard drive.
- To install Windows 11 on an SSD, you can use it to copy the entire system disk to your SSD and then boot the PC from the boot disk. During the cloning process, everything including Windows 11 system files, programs, registry, its files, documents, and other data is transferred to the SSD.
- Essentially, this software is free for you. Now, get to have a try by clicking the following download button. Then, install it on your Windows 11 PC.
- Run MiniTool ShadowMaker in Windows 11.
- Under the Tools tab, select Disk Clone to proceed.
- Click the Source section and select disk settings as the source disk from the drop-down box in the pop-up window. Also, click Destination and select SSD as the boot disk.
- Click OK and you will get a message stating that the process of cloning can destroy content on the target disk. Click Yes to continue. Then, MiniTool ShadowMaker starts cloning Windows 11 disk to your SSD.
- After a few minutes, the disk cloning is complete.
- After completing the disk cloning, it is best to convert the SSD to GPT with the MiniTool Partition Wizard even though the disk is written to GPT. This is because GPT changes the MBR after the cloning process.
- Next, you can remove the original system disk from your computer and then insert the SSD into the original location. After that, you can boot Windows 11 from SSD at high speed.
Use the MiniTool Partition Wizard from Windows 11 to SSD
- In addition to the MiniTool ShadowMaker, you can use another PC cloning software to export Windows 11 to SSD. It is a MiniTool Partition Wizard. This software offers you two options
- Transfer OS to SSD / HD: Transfer only Windows 11 to an SSD or copy the entire system disk to an SSD.
- Copy Disk: Copy the entire disk to an SSD
- Both of these features help you. If you only want to export Windows 11 to an SSD, use it first feature and select the proper migration mode. To address system disk, a payment copy of the MiniTool Partition Wizard is required.
- If you start the SSD to GPT in advance, after cloning, you will not need to change the disk to GPT again. You can also remove the original disk and insert the SSD into the original location.
How to Make NVMe / SATA / M.2 SSD Bootable after installing Windows 11
- First, restart your computer, press a specific key to move the PC to the BIOS. Refer to this related item – How to Enter BIOS Windows 10/8/7 (HP / Asus / Dell / Lenovo, any PC)
- Under the boot menu, set the SSD as the boot driver in the BIOS.
- Save the change and reboot the PC again to Windows 11.
Install Windows 11 on SSD from USB
Here is a direct way to install Windows 11 on an SSD. There are two main conditions:
- If you are running Windows on an HDD, you can directly install Windows 11 on a new SSD from a USB drive. After installation, boot the PC from the SSD and store the original HDD as a data disk.
- Or you have an SSD on your PC and you have Windows installed on your PC SSD, and you want to reinstall Windows 11 for some reason, this method is also available. Note that it is better back up your important files before installation with professional backup software – MiniTool ShadowMaker. How to install Windows 11 on a new SSD from a USB drive? Follow these steps below.
Create Windows 11 USB Drive Bootable
- Prepare a USB flash drive that you have up to 8GB or larger space.
- Go to download an ISO file from Microsoft page.
- Enable Rufus to burn Windows 11 ISO files to your USB flash drive.
Install Windows 11 on SSD
- Restart your computer and press a specific key (Del, F2, F10, etc.) to enter the BIOS.
- Change boot process in BIOS – set PC to boot from USB drive.
- Customize your keyboard, language, time, and currency format.
- Click Install now button to continue.
- Windows settings will ask you to enter the license key. Just click I do not have a product key.
- (Optional): You are asked to select a copy of Windows 11 and then accept the license terms.
- Select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
- Select a location to install Windows 11 on.
- To install Windows 11 on a new SSD, you can see Drive 0 Unlimited. Click Next to begin the installation.
- To reinstall Windows 11 on your original SSD, you can find Drive 0 Partition 1, Drive 0 Partition 2, etc. Select the partition where the original program was saved and click Delete. Then click Next to begin the installation process.
Guide about How to Install Windows 11 on SSD from a hard drive
In this guide, we told you about the How to Install Windows 11 on SSD from a hard drive; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Install Windows 11 on SSD from a hard drive in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Install Windows 11 on SSD from a hard drive, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Install Windows 11 on SSD from a hard drive. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.