Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Know the MAC Address of your Windows 10 PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Know the MAC Address of your Windows 10 PC
A unique identification number known to the media access control (MAC) address is embedded on a physical network adapter (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth) on a Windows 10 device, phone, and pretty much anything is connected to a network, and it is an important component, alongside the Internet Protocol (IP) address, to allow communication between devices within a local network.
Although you need to know this information, there are situations when you may need to know the MAC address of a network adapter, such as to identify a device or set network permissions on a router.
Whatever the cause, Windows 10 has a number of options for deciding hardware addresses, including Application settings, PowerShell, Command Prompt, Control Panel, and even System Information.
How to find Mac address using Settings
To find the MAC address for a network converter with Settings, use the following steps:
- Open Line up.
- Click on Network & Internet.
- Click on Intercourse or Wi-Fi depending on your network connection.
- Select a link.
- Under the “Properties” section, confirm the physical address (MAC) of the device.
How to find Mac address using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change the adapter settings from the left pane.
- Double click it Intercourse or Wi-Fi adapter depending on your connection.
- Click Details button.
- Confirm the MAC address of the network adapter.
How to find MAC address using System Information
- Open Start.
- Search for Information System and click the result above to open the app.
- Expand the Accessories branch.
- Expand the Network branch.
- Select the Adapter option.
- Scroll down to the network adapter of your choice.
- Confirm the MAC address of the PC.
How to find Mac address using Command Prompt
- Open Start.
- Search for The Right Order and click the result above to open the app.
- Enter the following command to determine the MAC connection of your computer network and click Enter: ipconfig / all
- The MAC will be listed in the “Physical Address” field.
- (Optional) Enter the following command to check the MAC address of the active network adapters and press Enter: getmac / v
How to find Mac address using PowerShell
- Open Start.
- Search for PowerShell and click the result above to open the app.
- Type the following command and type Enter: Get-NetAdapter
- Confirm the MAC address of the adapter installed on Windows 10.
Guide about How to Know the MAC Address of your Windows 10 PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to Know the MAC Address of your Windows 10 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Know the MAC Address of your Windows 10 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Know the MAC Address of your Windows 10 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Know the MAC Address of your Windows 10 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.