Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Receive and Send Hotmail from Gmail. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Receive and Send Hotmail from Gmail
Ever wanted to read your Hotmail from your Gmail account? Today we will show you how to both send and receive using @ hotmail.com, @ msn.com or email addresses @ live.com… but from Gmail instead. Older readers will remember a time when Hotmail, a free email friend of Microsoft dominated the messaging market for ten years at the beginning of the century. Hotmail name is long; Microsoft integrated the Hotmail brand into the Outlook product family in 2013 and focused on all marketing and development activities on Outlook.
However, Hotmail’s market penetration is such that for tens of millions of email users, it is and always will be Hotmail instead of Outlook. In this article, I will use them in exchange, as I show you how to transfer your existing messages from Hotmail to Gmail and how to forward new messages as well.
Send and receive Hotmail from your Gmail account
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Settings.
- Click Accounts and import.
- In the Check mail from other accounts section, click Add a mail account.
- Enter your Hotmail email address and click Next.
- Click Next.
- Select Import emails from my other account (POP3) and click Next.
- Enter your password for your Hotmail account.
Make sure the following settings are correct:
- POP Server: pop3.live.com
- Station: 995
- Check Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail
You must log in to your Windows Live account to activate POP Server and Port because each Windows Live account has a different POP setting. Alternatively, you can select:
- Save a copy of the recovered message to the server unless you only want all of your Hotmail emails in Gmail.
- Mark incoming messages if you want a Gmail one icon so you can identify emails from your Hotmail.
- Save incoming messages if you want to see incoming messages only under a separate icon or All Mail.
- Click Add Account.
- Click Yes, I want to be able to send mail as…. This will allow you to send an email from Hotmail or other Windows Live accounts, click Next.
- You can check or change your name associated with your email. If you want the newly added account to respond to a specific email address, you can enter that email address into the box next to Reply to Address and click Next.
- Click Install Certificate. Gmail will send a confirmation email to your Hotmail or Live account.
- After receiving a certificate code, enter and click Check.
Guide about How to Receive and Send Hotmail from Gmail
In this guide, we told you about the How to Receive and Send Hotmail from Gmail; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Receive and Send Hotmail from Gmail in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Receive and Send Hotmail from Gmail, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Receive and Send Hotmail from Gmail. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.