Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Remove iCloud Backups From iOS, iPad, Mac, and Windows PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Remove iCloud Backups From iOS, iPad, Mac, and Windows PC
You can easily restore valuable storage space by removing old iCloud backups in your iCloud account. Below are the steps to delete iCloud backup on Mac and Windows PC. All only the latest backup of your iPhone is stored in the iCloud and the older backup is automatically updated and replaced with the latest backup. However, if you change phones and buy more devices, multiple iOS devices will be associated with the same Apple ID and each of those devices will have a backup file stored in iCloud.
However, sometimes you may need to remove your backups from iCloud. There are many reasons you may want to do this, but the first one is that you do not have enough space on your iCloud. If you need space to store your other files, you can delete your iCloud backup, which will be free up a lot of space in your iCloud account. The following is how to delete iCloud backups on different devices.
Turn off iCloud Backup on iPhone / iPad
If you have decided to delete the iCloud backups, you can perform the task right from your iPhone or iPad. His phone itself allows you to get rid of the backups from your iCloud account.
You must make sure that you are connected to the Internet to delete your backups. Also, remember this will not erase the existing data on your iPhone or iPad. Local data on your device will be updated. The following are the steps for how to keep an iCloud backup on your iPhone.
- Launch the Settings app from the springboard on your device.
- Click your name at the top and select iCloud on the next screen. It will open your iCloud account list.
- On the next screen, tap on the option Manage Storage right under the account to access your account repository. That’s where your backups are stored.
- Find the option that says Backup on the next screen and click on it. It will open a menu for your iCloud backups.
- Select the iPhone you want to delete the backup for and click on Delete Backup on the following screen.
- Tap Off & Delete to delete your backup and restore future iCloud backups.
Turn Off iCloud Backup on Computer (PC / Mac)
You do not necessarily need your device to delete your iCloud backups. Now with iCloud search for Windows and Mac devices, you can use your desktop computer to access and delete iCloud backups from your account. The process works on both platforms and you can easily and quickly remove your iCloud backups from your account.
Turn off iCloud Backup on a Windows PC
If you are a Windows PC user, you will need to first download an application to your computer before accessing and deleting your backups. It is a free application by Apple and gives you access to all the content in your iCloud account on your Windows computer. These are how to keep an iCloud backup on a Windows computer.
- Head to iCloud for the Windows website and download and install the application on your computer.
- Launch the app and follow the on-screen instructions to set up up your iCloud account with the application on your Windows PC.
- Once the application has been configured, click the option that says Storage to view your storage settings.
- Select the option that says Backup and then select the backup you want to remove from your iCloud account. Then, click button that says Delete to delete the selected backup.
Turn off iCloud Backup on a Mac
If you are a Mac user, you do not need to install the iCloud application on your device. It is because iCloud comes well with macOS and all you need to do is access to remove your backups.
You need to make sure you are using the same iCloud account on your Mac that you used on your iPhone. If one is different, log-in to the same account and then follow these steps to delete an iCloud backup on a Mac.
- Select Apple menu> Settings Preferences, enter Apple ID, then select iCloud in the sidebar.
- Your iCloud storage will appear below. Click “Manage” to check and manage your iCloud content.
- Select Backups from the left, select the backup you want to delete and click Delete.
Guide about How to Remove iCloud Backups From iOS, iPad, Mac, and Windows PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to Remove iCloud Backups From iOS, iPad, Mac, and Windows PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Remove iCloud Backups From iOS, iPad, Mac, and Windows PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Remove iCloud Backups From iOS, iPad, Mac, and Windows PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Remove iCloud Backups From iOS, iPad, Mac, and Windows PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.