Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7/8. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7/8
Take care of startup programs in Windows7 / 8 that you do not have to sell up anytime your Windows boots. It is normal for most programs to incorporate themselves into the initial list because of this, your PC will have general waste sources and maybe make it slow. This post tells you the best way to manage, modify, execute, activate Startup programs in Windows 7/8. Prevent applications from starting or running at startup using Task Manager, WMIC, MSCONFIG, GPEDIT, Task Manager, Settings, free startup software, and so on.
How to Remove Startup Settings
Microsoft Windows has a feature which allows you to select programs to start automatically whenever your computer is running and to be in the background. These Windows startup programs can be valuable for frequently used programs. Unfortunately, programs can be installed in the Start folder when the computer is manufactured, or installed without your knowledge, or do not need to start automatically.
How the applications in the Startup folder affect your computer
If there are too many programs in your Startup folder, they may slow down your computer startup capacity. Having a number of apps running in the background is also added up your computer’s memory. This can slow down when switching between settings. Learn more about how memory works.
How to update programs in Windows 7 and earlier
- To remove programs from the Startup folder for Windows 7 and earlier, you may need to identify the hidden files first.
- Open Windows Explorer and click the drop-down menu next to Set
- Select Folder and search options
- Click the View tab
- Under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drivers
- To remove programs, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Explorer and select your computer, always C:
- Under Users, expand the folders under your username
- Select AppData, Navigation, Microsoft, Windows, Menu, Settings, Startup
- The settings that are set to start automatically will be listed. If there are applications that you do not want to start when you turn on the computer, right-click on the program and click Delete to remove the shortcut (this will not delete the program completely).
- If you have removed applications from your Startup folder that you never wanted, such as adware, go to Control Panel, select Programs, and Uninstall a program. You can then remove any apps you do not want on your computer.
How to activate Startup programs in Windows 8 and later
- In Windows 8 and later, use the following procedure to remove programs from the Startup folder.
- Go to Task Manager by clicking the Windows icon, select the system icon (gear icon), then click Task Manager in the search box.
- Select the Start tab. Highlight any program you do not want to start automatically, then click Activate.
Guide about How to Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7/8
In this guide, we told you about the How to Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7/8; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7/8 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7/8, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7/8. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.