Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Replace Notepad With Notepad++ on Windows PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Replace Notepad With Notepad++ on Windows PC
The default text editor on Windows programs is Notepad. The Every.txt file is set to open in Notepad automatically. It has pioneered the way for text editors for a long time, while we have seen some very promising Notepad rivals. Notepad ++ is one of them. It is a free, open source text editor that has all the same functionality as Notepad, with a few more. Notepad ++ allows users to write in multiple languages.
Notepad ++ offers a number of capabilities that lighter applications such as Notepad do not have. This article is for you if you have been very familiar with Notepad ++ and found that it does not meet your needs. Today, we will teach you how to use Notepad ++ to edit any text files on your Windows 10 PC instead of Notepad.
The Notepad does not have many elements of text editing and maintenance, many of which are specialized by Notepad ++. Notepad users do not have the ability to edit large text files, which Notepad ++ users can easily do. A number of sophisticated capabilities are available, including the ability to browse text across a single folder files, bookmark files, run hotkeys, and find advanced key and replace tool. Also, the software is 5MB in size (also larger than Note which, if downloaded from the Windows Store, is only around 2MB).
How I replaced the Note
If you want to exchange Notepad (.exe) work file with one of your others, then you have a process for that too. Here is what you need to do in this case:
- Make a backup copy of it for Note
- Make copies of Notepad’s executable file in C: Windows and C: WindowsSystem32
- Get hold of Notepad through app properties and delete the app from the locations
- Paste your replacement execution file on all of those locations and rename it as ‘Notepad.exe’
How to replace Notepad with Notepad ++ as the default Word Editor
1]Using the Higher Process
- Open the Advanced Assembly from the Start Menu or the Powerful User Menu.
- Copy and paste the next command line in Command Prompt and press Enter.
- The command line below is if you are running it 32-bit version of Notepad ++.
reg fi “HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Image File Execution Options notepad.exe” / v “Repair” / t REG_SZ / d “”% ProgramFiles (x86)% Notepad ++ notepad ++. exe “-notepadStyleCmdline -z” / f
- If you have 64-bit feature, use the command line below:
reg fi “HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Image File Execution Options notepad.exe” / v “Debugger” / t REG_SZ / d “”% ProgramFiles% Notepad ++ notepad ++ .exe “-notepadStyleCmdline z” / f
- Once completed, you will get a “Performance Success” message on your screen, after which you can turn off the CMD and restart your system to allow the change to take effect.
You can confirm the change from your Registry Editor. The change can be made even by the Registry Editor, changing the appropriate bit amount. If you want to restore the above changes, just execute the following command:
reg delete “HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Image File Making Options notepad.exe” / v “Repair” / f
2]Setting text files to open with Notepad ++
There is another, simpler way around this topic that may work well for you too. If you reset only your text files to open with Notepad ++ is not their default application, Notepad. This way, Notepad will not be blocked and your text files will open in Notepad ++ by default even. Here’s how to put one together for use with your home:
- Create a template text file and place it on your Desktop, for easy access
- Right-click on the app icon and select Properties
- Under the General tab, you will see the option ‘Open With:’. Click on conversion button beside him
- From the list of applications, select Note ++ and click OK to save the settings
- If you do not find Notepad ++ here, click on More Apps
For most users, this method works well and is even easier than one, but if you want all the commands referenced in Note to switch to Note ++, you can use the Linear method as well.
3]Use Notepad Converter
Replacing Notepad Freeware lets you replace Notepad in an easy way! It will allow you to replace the default Windows version of Notepad with any option you want to use.
Guide about How to Replace Notepad With Notepad++ on Windows PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to Replace Notepad With Notepad++ on Windows PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Replace Notepad With Notepad++ on Windows PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Replace Notepad With Notepad++ on Windows PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Replace Notepad With Notepad++ on Windows PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.